585,766 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

dynapath delta 20

I just bought a dynapath delta 20 I can't get it to take a program
    (there's no manuals) can anyone go thru the steps of programing for me.
    Ive written programs before I just can't get this machine to take a program.

Thanks, Todd

Just had the manual copied today. Sorry for the delay.

Furnish me the mailing info.

[email protected]

Dynapath Delta 20 programming manual?

Hey everyone,

Just joined CNCzone and this looks great for sharing info. Wondering if folks have a suggestion regarding a programming manual for the Dynapath Delta 20 controller.
    Not sure if I should start a new thread as this one is pretty old, but I'll try here first.

I've recently purchased a TREE J325, with the Delta 20, and the documentation that came with it is woefully lacking on PROGRAMMING. The two notebooks I rec'd were entitled, "Journeyman 325 Installation, Power-on, Operation, and Maintenance" from TREE; and "Customer Information Manual" from Dynapath.
    I understand this was a time when 'conversational programming' was all the rage as PC's weren't quite ubiquitous yet. Thus, the manual dedicates about 2 pages to writing and inputting programs through a RS232 connection.
    Even just examples of programs where I can see the structure of tool changes, for example, would be great.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks,

Bill

The Dynapath "Customer Information Manual" IS you programming manual. You will need to reference the "Installation" manual for the start up process and basic machine settings (setting machine on X/Y pointers and basic Z location) and reference the axis. The Dynapath manual will describe the location for fixture settings, home, axis comp and tool tables along with the program catalog. Those steps are unique to the 325. After that, the Dynapath manual will walk through basic conversational steps for M and movement programming. There is also a section for EIA codes.
    You will need some sort of DNC program to access the controller via the RS232. Search around the web and you will find a few DNC programs, some with a price tag, some for free. If you find one with it's own dianostics, life may be easier since the program can test the connection and maybe even find the needed settings...depends on how good you are with serial connections. Once you have communication, you can make up a manual program on the mill and download to your PC. The syntax will be pretty obvious with the uploaded file. Then it is a case of simple text file transfer between the machine and PC (yeah...right). There are several examples of Dynapath files on www.practicalmachinist.com if you search for Dynapath or Tree Journeyman info. There is also a bit of RS232 info. Do not try to run any files you might pull from a post, without knowing the fixture setting and having the same on your machine, you don't know where things will go. These things have 1700# of axis force.
    MechWerks

I would suggest starting a new thread as opposed to bringing back an old thread. Or throwing off topic in a current thread. This General CNC forum works for your questions but take a look around the main Forums page. Sometimes there are specific forums for what you are asking about. For example your asking about the Tree machines with a Dynapath control. There is a Tree forum which is found under MetalWorking Machines. Click below.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=308

Good luck,
    Stevo

Thanks for the suggestion.