584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Tele cad drawings

Does anyone have a detailed tele drawing?

you can have the one i have - no dimensions on it though - let me know
    Drakkn Custom Shop http://www.drakkncustomshop.co.uk

Bdfamily,

I am working on a Tele from scratch & I would be more than happy to share my files. I am going to machine all the pockets in our cnc mill, then cut the profile with our 5000 watt laser. I will post pics as I go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I forgot to mention that I cut the body template on the laser then traced it on the blank. I then wet the area inside the tracing with a sponge to see how the grain will look. I think the flame will really come out when I finish it.

Aluminium Telecaster

Hi, I currently building a aluminium telecaster using all USA Fender parts including the neck. I have used 6mm ali plate and tig welded. Maybe anodise the body too. The weight seems about the same as timber body but I am told it will have a sweet sound. I believe Fender made 100 cast aluminium body tele's is 1991, will keep you posted.
    Cheers, Greg

gibbo1958,

Let me know if you need any cad files, I would be happy to share them. I have seen pics of some kid coming up playing a tele (I cant remember his name) I think it has an aluminum top & they took a grinder to it then put a tabacco or sunburst over it. I will look for the pics, it was very cool.

I would appreciate the Tele CAD or toolpath files. I'm new to CNC, but I've been building guitars for years...and I love Teles.

John

Cad drawings

Bennett71

Check your PM's

Bruce
    Bruce

Aluminium Telecaster

I managed to get the tele all together for a "test run" and have found it to be very impressive! I was expecting buzz's and hum but it really "sings". Playing it alone, it produces a very an acoustic hollow sound very much like a thinline f-hole model. It stays in tune too! I have a Marshall JCM2000 and through it, it's bloody great. Shame I didn't use the cnc to build it, just a mill to cut the pickup holes and pick guard. Spent 59 hours and still polishing! I have found minute 'holes' in a few areas after polishing that must be in the material, not from welding. Going to apply GLISTEN PC after polishing as it's too good to look at and risk clear powder coating failure. Will post completed pics soon. Cheers, Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greg tele.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo1958 View Post
    I managed to get the tele all together for a "test run" and have found it to be very impressive! I was expecting buzz's and hum but it really "sings". Playing it alone, it produces a very an acoustic hollow sound very much like a thinline f-hole model. It stays in tune too! I have a Marshall JCM2000 and through it, it's bloody great. Shame I didn't use the cnc to build it, just a mill to cut the pickup holes and pick guard. Spent 59 hours and still polishing! I have found minute 'holes' in a few areas after polishing that must be in the material, not from welding. Going to apply GLISTEN PC after polishing as it's too good to look at and risk clear powder coating failure. Will post completed pics soon. Cheers, Greg

OK, you win. I've seen a LOT of funky home made guitars, but your aluminum Tele is just about the most unique I've seen. Beautiful!:cheers:

Greg..
    Do you have any pics of the inside of the alum tele before you put it all together???
    Larry..

Quote Originally Posted by bennett71 View Post
    Bdfamily,

I am working on a Tele from scratch & I would be more than happy to share my files. I am going to machine all the pockets in our cnc mill, then cut the profile with our 5000 watt laser. I will post pics as I go.
    Thanks for the Tele file. Came out pretty cool. What other files do you have?

Todd
    http://www.innovative-accents.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flame top.jpg   flame top profile.jpg  

Todd,

I am glad they worke out for you. Those flames are incredible were they done with Artcam? The Tele is the only guitar I have now, but I am working on a Les Paul type carved top in Artcam & Solidworks. I will post it when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by bennett71 View Post
    Todd,

I am glad they worke out for you. Those flames are incredible were they done with Artcam? The Tele is the only guitar I have now, but I am working on a Les Paul type carved top in Artcam & Solidworks. I will post it when it is done.
    Yeah, I did it in ArtCAM. Its hard to see in the pictures but theres a .500 arch to the top. "Two rail sweep" for the arch and the flames where applied as a "texture". The arch keeps the flames from interfering while ROCKING OUT:banana: . To bad the finish applied to it came out so crappy. I'm going to redo it. This time I want to do it with dual humbucker style pick ups. Once I get it dialed in I'll post some pics.

Haven't been around much lately, once I got my machine up, the computer that runs it took a mobo crap....arrrgh! I had to step away for a while and collect my wits.....Beautiful stuff, I too , would love the tele file.

I'd love to have the tele cad drawing too .

Yesterday I received my pickguard, ... and noticed that the body I allready made is not correct.

A correct drawing would be awesome

ward

hi benett!
    i would like to ask if you could send me your tele plans!
    your pics did really impress me!!
    thanks alot.
    cheers

Tele 3Dcad files made from tele dxf file

Hi
    I'm building a tele from scratch. I downloaded the tele dxf file from this form and brought it into my cad program to produce a 3D solid model. If interested, I will share them with you. The 3D model is not finished yet, I still need to add the pockets for the pickups, switch and knobs. I have attached some images of the 3d model.

Pat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tele 1.jpg   tele 2.jpg   tele 3.jpg  

Pat2112

Pat,

Check your Pm's

Bruce
    Bruce

Smile Could I get these drawings?

I found this site by searching this topic on google. Would it be possible to get any solid models or autoCAD files for this guitar body (aluminum one above). I'm fairly new to guitar, but wanted to build my own. I'm most interested in pocket locations and sizes as well as the pocket for a production neck. Thanks for any help. Y'all seem like a good group of guys.

Greg

Page 1 of 4 123