585,759 active members*
3,910 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > using MPost - now I'm no longer a lurker ;)

using MPost - now I'm no longer a lurker ;)

I'm editing the post for a Haas 3 axis mill, and trying to figure out how to get the 'Additional User Information' from the setup file of a project to be inserted into the nc file as comments in the begining. I read through the help file and didn't see anything mentioned about that.

Thanks in advance.

wow.. must have been one of those questions that just stumped everyone.

If thats not possible, any tips/tricks that you use to automagically put information in the nc files?

No way to do it automatically that I'm aware of. You can copy/paste from the setup sheet to the comments section of the Tool Information Dialog Box and it will show up at the top of your post if that is what you're looking for.

not much help

there are a number of things that mpost can transfer into the g code file. my post outputs the scprt file name, date, our company name, and programmed tool diameter directly after the M6 line, in parenthesis of course. it has been a while since i did ours but our dealer helped out quite a bit in the process. the help files are written by people who already know the answer...so it is difficult for them lead us from non-knowing side of things.

thx for the info, if anyone knows of a list of variables (eg. [Program#], [Speed]) that mpost and/or spost uses for surfcam, that would help out a bunch.
    At the moment, my mpost configuration is outputing the format the way I like it (minus the setup text) but I only see a way to get G01/02 to output either in 360 degree , or 4 quadrant, 180 degree quadrants is ideal.
    My spost post is ouputing the gcode movements exactly how I want it, but having some problems getting tool descriptions and start/end code to output or output what I want.

nevermind on the list of variables, guess I was just having a brain fart.. I found them. any other help on the posts is greatly appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by tnik View Post
    nevermind on the list of variables, guess I was just having a brain fart.. I found them. any other help on the posts is greatly appriciated
    Where did you get it? I need that too..

in the surfcam help files