585,753 active members*
3,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 16i password

Question 16i password

I have a vertical mill with a 16i-MA controller. Someone has set a password in parameter 3220. I cannot find anyone in the shop who knows what the password might be. Is there a way around this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_paul View Post
    I have a vertical mill with a 16i-MA controller. Someone has set a password in parameter 3220. I cannot find anyone in the shop who knows what the password might be. Is there a way around this problem?

There are 2 choices, If you are tracking the operator history (Key Stroke Log) Then you can go back and find out when there was an imput for 3220 at that point you can see the keystrokes for the password. If you operator history is not on and is not loging. Then the only other alternitive is to clear all memory ( The Maintenence Manual has the procedure.) And then reload the entier PMC / CNC. Oh and then when you get it all back up and working you fire the clown that turned it on.
    This hapopend to us here and the operator history was not on so we had to do the later. It took us a couple of days to get all the Parameters set up. All your Grid shifts will be lost and pitch error if you have them. Spindle orientation and so on and so on. Always keep a back up of this stuff up to date. If you do not have one the call the guys that installed it sometimes they make a backup and keep them on file.
    Or worst case ...........in the back of the control there should be a sheet from the MB with all the larameter settings. And you may have to imput them all by hand

Bluesman

I remember we have a few years ago the same problem with a 11m control.
    After contacting Fanuc, the askes me to check "content of memory". There was this data as a binary code. They point to the right part of it, and with the use of a calculator I was able to 'crack' the code.
    So call Fanuc, they can help you.

hangslot: We did the same thing for the Fanuc 6T and 6M control back in the 80's. You could display the RAM memory contents in the "Diagnostics" page and find the memory address with the magic number. I don't know how to do this on the 16i-MA control, but by all means call Fanuc before dumping all the memory.