585,888 active members*
4,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Servo motors not powering on

Hi guys! I have a mori seiki SL-1 with yasnac 2000G control. in this particular machine before starting I have to push power button twice. First time it turns on the hydraulic unit then I wait for a second i have to push a second time to power on servo motors at least it was till today like that. This morning i started all the procedures, power was on for hydraulic unit when I attempt to push the button a second time for the servo motors it failed on me. The screen was pretty much black except for one small light that indicated the alarm light "battery." (battery word on the screen). I'm not sure its because of the alarm light or something else, (that alarm light "battery" was like that for the passed 8 months and machine worked normally, but now the servo motors do no work and screen still black). Please help, any advice or information helps. Thank you very much!

Re: Servo motors not powering on

Was the machine powered down over the weekend. There is a very good chance that if it was and if the battery alarm has been on that long and the batteries have not been changed that you have lost the NC parameters. If that is the case when it tried to power up and load the parameters there was either no parameters or bad info that will keep the machine from coming up. If that is the case you will need to reload the parameters back into the control before you can proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by cncroller View Post
    Hi guys! I have a mori seiki SL-1 with yasnac 2000G control. in this particular machine before starting I have to push power button twice. First time it turns on the hydraulic unit then I wait for a second i have to push a second time to power on servo motors at least it was till today like that. This morning i started all the procedures, power was on for hydraulic unit when I attempt to push the button a second time for the servo motors it failed on me. The screen was pretty much black except for one small light that indicated the alarm light "battery." (battery word on the screen). I'm not sure its because of the alarm light or something else, (that alarm light "battery" was like that for the passed 8 months and machine worked normally, but now the servo motors do no work and screen still black). Please help, any advice or information helps. Thank you very much!

The battery light being on for 8 months should have
    Been looked into when it first began . On a sl3
    There are two batteries that need replacinglocated
    In the back left cabinet . They keep the memory and
    Parameters alive . Only replace when power is on or you
    Will loose parameters and programs . Did you already
    back up the parameters ? Hopefully . Is this the reason for
    the servos not coming on I am not sure .
    Good luck

Hey all,
    Working on a similar issue. Just powered up an old mori sl-4 with yasnic ls1 control. Powered on the mains and then the control and get a 310 servo power error and control interlock on, but it powers up.
    Owner cant find manuals. In the control cabinet all led,s sre green except one and im trying to id that board. I did not notice if Battery light was on but he said power hss bern disconnect for over a year. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    H

The control is lx1
    I have one board, the power input unit, that has a red led, all others including dc power are green. Checked for other estops, no chip conveyor, snd looking for an oil pressure switch with no luck.
    Found maint manual and troubleshoot diag said if led of power input unit is not lit (its red) unit is blown.
    Trying to find diag to check it.

If the power has been off for a year it pretty certain the parameters are lost, hopfully you have a copy?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I opened the parameters pages and there was data there, right or wrong, i dont know, but not just zeros.
    Battery alarm light was not on.

I'm looking to see if I can verify the parameter settings.
    The unit in the cabinet with the red LED is the power input module. Manual trouble shooting schematic says if control does not power up the power input module is blown. I looked for areas to test voltage on this but can't find any. Power supply module tests ok for voltage and all lights are lit and green LED's. Any suggestions on the power input module? Both fuses are good. There are three relays on it and two of them have been opened up. Does anyone know what control voltage is used to operate them ?
    Happy New Year, and thanks for any suggestions.
    H