585,715 active members*
4,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Tool Life Management: Tool Life Expiration Signal always on even aft switching tools?

Tool Life Management: Tool Life Expiration Signal always on even aft switching tools?

NC Unit: F31iA5

Hello,

I'm having a heck of an issue with setting up my mill to NOT ALWAYS ALARM when a toolgroup's life becomes expired.
    I would like the machine to only alarm when the toolgroup that i'm requesting is unavailable because it is expired.

I've disabled PLC alarms by setting K12.1=1 (Do not alarm)

Right now, in O9001 (M6 SUB ROUTINE) i'm checking
    Code:
    IF[ #1002 EQ 1]THEN#3000=1(TOOL GROUP LIFE OVER);
    #1002 - Tool Life Expiration Signal
    When the tool life of all the tools in a group is expired, the tool life expiration signal is output and system variable #1002 of the custom macro program is set to "1".

The problem I'm facing is that #1002 equals 1 no matter what tool I call up which gives me alarm 'TOOL GROUP LIFE OVER' for every tool I try to switch to until I reset the particular tool group that had expired.

I'm convinced theres a solution, I feel the fanuc tool group management is limited, or I'm missing something.

Unrelated but important:

#1003 - New Tool Selection Signal
    If a tool to be used within a group is to be exchanged for a new tool, the new tool selection signal is output when the tool command for the group is executed, and system variable #1003 of the custom macro program is set to "1".
    There is also keeper relay for PLC alarm:
    The tool life expiration signal is output also to the PMC. The PMC utilizes the tool life expiration signal for the following processes. 1) Displays a message indicating that the tool life has expired (PC parameter K12.1). 2) Disabled starting of automatic operation (PC parameter K12.3).
    K12.1
    The PLC alarm can be triggered by setting the parameter "K12.1": Do not display a message indicating that the tool life has expired (1)/Display the message(0)
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience setting up Tool Life Management where the alarms are not thrown when the tool becomes expired, but alarms if trying to use the tool again.

Re: Tool Life Management: Tool Life Expiration Signal always on even aft switching to

if the tool group expires there's no way to stop the alarm because that is what tool life management is designed to do.
    if you dont want an alarm you need to stop using #1002 and detect and monitor the number of tool uses using macro and variables and when the number of tools reaches your preferred minimum then re-load the tool group data via the program so the tool data is reset (as well as setting the tool group data manually via the keypad you can set the data in a program)
    It's still not clear why you need to manipulate the tool group data/alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    if the tool group expires there's no way to stop the alarm because that is what tool life management is designed to do.
    if you dont want an alarm you need to stop using #1002 and detect and monitor the number of tool uses using macro and variables and when the number of tools reaches your preferred minimum then re-load the tool group data via the program so the tool data is reset (as well as setting the tool group data manually via the keypad you can set the data in a program)
    It's still not clear why you need to manipulate the tool group data/alarms.
    Machine is Mori (MAPPS)

I may not understand how this works.

Say my program runs T1, then T2.

When T1 is running, the tool-life expires.
    When T2 M06 occurs, machine will stop and alarm: TOOL LIFE OVER

This should not happen.

The machine should run T2, but on next T1 M06, give alarm because that tool is unavailable.

Re: Tool Life Management: Tool Life Expiration Signal always on even aft switching to

Tjvst, here's a long shot but were you able to solve this? Im trying to write a macro to change to sister tool when tool life expires and any info on this would be helpful. Control im uaing is 31iA5 as well.