585,719 active members*
4,194 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > Newbie . Help needed on Osai series 10 controller.Willing to pay

Newbie . Help needed on Osai series 10 controller.Willing to pay

Hi
    My name is Nick and I am completely new to cnc controls.
    I bought a used starrag CNC machine that uses an OSAI series 10 controller and for pass 4 months I have been trying to get it to work. I have contacted the cnc manufactured for help , and I bought all available documentation that they have on this machine. Unfortunately they are incomplete wiring diagrams and also they are unfilling to assist more.Machine is from 1999.
    After spend many hours trying to get it to work now I am at a stage that I think the remaining issues are software related.

The series 10 software loads up correctly and I get into its menu without any issues .
    But I get the below errors
    1.013 Magazine door open
    2.014 Main door open
    3.128 A120/121 Early waring tank empty
    4. wf Magazine door open
    5.002 Driving switch q501 switched off (isolator that feeds power to the motors. I turn it on turns off immediately ). its off
    6. OPT-S004 CNC ready failed
    7.003 Machine switch off ( all emergency switched are correct position)
    8.001 Emergency stop active

I check the racks and the doors input light was off. I found the electrical issue and fixed it and lights are on the rack on that input,but still the fault will not go away.
    I thing this what does not let me start the motors (turn one q501 isolator)
    Is there anyone that can help me navigate through the software ? Can I install OSAI open cnc? Machine was an old lan type cable on it ?
    Can anyone help out? Willing to pay.
    My skype name is live: panicos_2000 (without the space between : and p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 149145450_753868388864550_3241552701755134046_n.jpg   149142389_519200809451582_7181907605305244395_n.jpg  

Re: Newbe . Help needed on Osai series 10 controller.Willing to pay

Hi
    Still struggling with the CNC
    Manage to fix most of the faults. Turns out contactors and isolation switch needed replacement
    I am now stuck with 2 codes
    1. WF Magazine door open. Think this is not important to get the machine working
    2. 003 Machine switch off . I literally do not know the procedure to start the machine. I bought (expensive) the wiring and hydraulic diagrams from starrag .Unfortunately they send out incomplete diagrams and there also unwilling to help out even with giving some basic instructions.
    I was able to find one video of a similar machine on youtube. At 2:00 mark there is clip showing the panel and you can see some lights on the panel. On mine the power button doesn't light up (with key on position ) . I trace the wiring and as soon as I press the power button the Osai rack turns on a lot of outputs. After 5-10sec it will turn turn them back off again. There are no contactors moving when the outputs are enabled.

3. Emergency stop active . I can fix this as soon as I am able to turbo the machine on

Any idea how what to try next?