585,758 active members*
4,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UC300-5LPT issues

My setup is a C11 breakout board driving gecko G201x stepper drivers. To avoid any missed steps, I have added a UC300, which is feeding the parallel port of C11 from the port 2. This current setup was working for months without any issues.

After i install the UCCNC software and started the software, I got a message " loading firmware." The manufacturer mentioned that it was normal, since UCCNC software uses a different firmware. I loaded the UCCNC with Mach3 mill profile, but the software will not turn motors. Got frustrated and I stopped the UCCNC software and restarted the Mach3 software, and I got the "loading firmware" message again. The manufacturer mentioned that it was normal, since Mach3 software uses a different firmware. I waited for a while and checked the blue light on uc300 controller to be steady. The Match3 will not turn motors, but it is still sensing the press of home and limit switches. I updated the latest driver software from the website to make sure everything is good.

Then I shut down the computer and cnc controller for an hour, restarted everything, and it worked for 15 minutes. I loaded another gcode file and no response from the motor but still sensing the press of home and limits.
    I repeated this shutting down and restarting after leaving it off for 1 hour. This time it cut half the circle and stopped working. I can see the gcode running on Mach3 screen but no response from spindle or axis motors. Anyone has any experience with this type of issue with UC300.

P.S. I send a note to Balazs (manufacturer) and waiting response.
    Jacob

Re: UC300-5LPT issues

would reinstalling the firmware help , you can download the installer here CNCdrive - motion controls
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Re: UC300-5LPT issues

Quote Originally Posted by niner_zero View Post
    My setup is a C11 breakout board driving gecko G201x stepper drivers. To avoid any missed steps, I have added a UC300, which is feeding the parallel port of C11 from the port 2. This current setup was working for months without any issues.

After i install the UCCNC software and started the software, I got a message " loading firmware." The manufacturer mentioned that it was normal, since UCCNC software uses a different firmware. I loaded the UCCNC with Mach3 mill profile, but the software will not turn motors. Got frustrated and I stopped the UCCNC software and restarted the Mach3 software, and I got the "loading firmware" message again. The manufacturer mentioned that it was normal, since Mach3 software uses a different firmware. I waited for a while and checked the blue light on uc300 controller to be steady. The Match3 will not turn motors, but it is still sensing the press of home and limit switches. I updated the latest driver software from the website to make sure everything is good.

Then I shut down the computer and cnc controller for an hour, restarted everything, and it worked for 15 minutes. I loaded another gcode file and no response from the motor but still sensing the press of home and limits.
    I repeated this shutting down and restarting after leaving it off for 1 hour. This time it cut half the circle and stopped working. I can see the gcode running on Mach3 screen but no response from spindle or axis motors. Anyone has any experience with this type of issue with UC300.

P.S. I send a note to Balazs (manufacturer) and waiting response.
    Hi,

I have just ordered the UC300-5LPT but your post made me worry. I have already bought another USB controller, which also had serious issues. I hope your problems are solved by either Balazs or through some other explanation, or installation issues...

Could you please tell us what response you got from Balazs? I guess and I hope that he answered your mail.