584,849 active members*
4,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 107 of 107 75797105106107
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2130

Re: OmioCNC report

Hi all. It seems the interest, or at least the post frequency, is slowing on this thread, but here goes:
    I'm a complete noob in cnc, but i have a bit of 3d-printing experience and modifying that. Programmer by trade.
    I somewhat randomly got across a very, very lightly used o x8-2200l just half an hour drive from here. The machine is half-assembled (test driven supposedly working well) with an axbb-e. Supposed to be a year old. The asking price is 2500usd. Am I crazy to consider this? Are there now better machines, controller boards etc in this category, or is it still a good starting point to get into cnc machining? For comparison, the machine would set me back more than 4000 usd if bought new from China, with transport and taxes. Feedback greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaer View Post
    Hi all. It seems the interest, or at least the post frequency, is slowing on this thread, but here goes:
    I'm a complete noob in cnc, but i have a bit of 3d-printing experience and modifying that. Programmer by trade.
    I somewhat randomly got across a very, very lightly used o x8-2200l just half an hour drive from here. The machine is half-assembled (test driven supposedly working well) with an axbb-e. Supposed to be a year old. The asking price is 2500usd. Am I crazy to consider this? Are there now better machines, controller boards etc in this category, or is it still a good starting point to get into cnc machining? For comparison, the machine would set me back more than 4000 usd if bought new from China, with transport and taxes. Feedback greatly appreciated!
    I think that is a reasonable deal and a good place to start your cnc journey.
    Those machines have linear rails on all axis's which is good and the after market motion board is a good improvement e nt as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I think that is a reasonable deal and a good place to start your cnc journey.
    Those machines have linear rails on all axis's which is good and the after market motion board is a good improvement e nt as well..
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there like a obvious check list I should go through before buying it? Aside from the obvious gut feel of seeing how it looks for a non-savvy person?

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there like a obvious check list I should go through before buying it? Aside from the obvious gut feel of seeing how it looks for a non-savvy person?
    Not really....Just go and see the machine. Get him to demo as much as he can and go from there.
    These machines are built to a price, but this one is miles ahead of where I started from a few years ago. Mine was a 6040 with round rails.
    They all need some fettling and mods to improve them. I had to fix a +1mm offset in the x ball screw on mine, but it ran nice after I fixed that....lol
    I fitted a Ethernet Smooth Stepper to mine and it made a huge improvement to its smoothness. also fitted HD connectors to the steppers as the baby ones fitted were getting warm! That was noticeable as well!
    The AXBB-E one the one you are looking at might be fine. I have no experience with them.

I will meet with him this Saturday, so we will see how it goes. Since it is not assembled entirely, I'm a bit worried that the curve to success is going to be a steep one.

I will meet with him this Saturday, so we will see how it goes. Since it is not assembled entirely, I'm a bit worried that the curve to success is going to be a steep one.
    Yes, the learning curve will be very steep, but if you work one problem at a time and persist, you should succeed.
    You will save alot of money and have a nice starting machine at the end.

So the guy called in sick the day before we were going to meet, so new chance this coming Saturday. Fingers crossed ????

Machine picked up and assembled! Yey! All axes seem to move smoothly, and I have connected the electronics to it, and the pc with UCCNC is connected to the axbb-e card successfully.

Now, this is where I'm out of my depth, when it comes to configuring all limits and axes and steps, etc. So I wonder if there is someone that may want to share their settings or better yet, an uccnc profile? Thank you!

Got it up and running and ran a first very basic cut (100mm circle with 5mm depth) in foam, then the same thing in plywood. A bit scary to watch it move around, but works great, and I like the controls with UCCNC.

Now I need to create some proper tool paths

Professional people do professional things. Having a translator directly as a sales engineer will definitely be a problem.In China, there are many people who understand a little English and can go to sales companies to do foreign trade.So the specific needs are certainly not clearly communicated.Then there must be deviations in the purchased things.
    In order to reach cooperation --- sign contracts as soon as possible, translators will only do cheaper, in cheaper, and the final price is very scary.

My suggestion:If you like Chinese products just because of the price, I advise you not to cooperate. Because I believe there are cheaper products than China.
    To buy Chinese things, you have to learn to think like Chinese,So if you can, you need to learn some basic Chinese and learn the Chinese language.Use China's WeChat for some quick exchanges, and of course some people in the forum are already aware of this key point.

Don't simply trust what is on Alibaba's website, because many good Chinese manufacturers don't have export permissions, they don't understand English, so they don't export. And Alibaba is a lot of sales companies, so you have to visit Chinese website, Chinese manufacturers, China map - baidu Map . Sales sites like Alibaba sell for them and don't really understand their products.

Of course, it is best if you have a friend in China, and it is best to let him help you on a field trip. If not, you have to learn to communicate in real time using WeChat and find a Chinese friend.Because all Chinese have their own WeChat account, just like ID cards, they must have.

This post is too long, from 2007 to the present. Although I didn't speak English well, I spent a long time reading him.This has a lot to do with the history of CNC machine tool development in China, I am an engineer, and I have my own factory, not a translator. Of course, my products are mineral castings, and I serve many CNC machine tool manufacturers in China.

My WeChat account: RenZaoDaLiShiZJ https://www.wechat.com/en/
    Maybe I can help you, if you find it useful, you can add me as a WeChat friend. I will help you understand China, Chinese, Chinese products, win-win cooperation.
    So to understand each other, if you want to buy Chinese things, you have to learn to think like a Chinese, first you have to use WeChat. Then make a real Chinese friend, maybe I am your Chinese friend.
    I hope you can help with my comments and contact me if you need help.

Page 107 of 107 75797105106107