584,837 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 104 of 107 45494102103104105106
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2130

OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by davekenyon View Post
    Bloody hell - didn't know I could... but I have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGd9...ature=youtu.be
    Doesn’t sound like the motor is stalling so must be coupler slippage. Tighten up the little coupler connecting the motor shaft to the end of the screw, it clamps on each side so give them both a crank. Given it’s been spinning inside the surface of the coupler could be ragged, might be worth buying a better one to replace them all anyway.

It will look similar to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: OmioCNC report

That's got it sorted thanks! Any recommendations on improved couplers? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Doesn’t sound like the motor is stalling so must be coupler slippage. Tighten up the little coupler connecting the motor shaft to the end of the screw, it clamps on each side so give them both a crank. Given it’s been spinning inside the surface of the coupler could be ragged, might be worth buying a better one to replace them all anyway.

It will look similar to this

Nice pick up Mmpie!

Have anyone had problems with losing steps on Omio? I purchased a Omio X8-2200L-USB more than an a year and have used it on daily basis without any problems. However, last week it began losing steps on Z, not often but all of a sudden when I don't want it to happen (ruined two pieces of nice exotic wood and a router bits).
    I have checked so there is no obstruction when turning the screw. Tigthened the screws on the flexible jaw coupling. I also diconnected the cable and connected it to a multimeter (in beep mode) and while bending it on critical positions.
    I can make two or three successful jobs (running approximately one hour) and then it fails all of the sudden.

That sucks

Could something from the job be jamming the screw during the cut? You reckon it's moving freely now, but don't forget the problem is spurious. Could it be too aggressive a Z move on the toolpath - sometimes you get away with it, sometimes not? I'd also maybe try switching the stepper with another axis and see if the problem moves, then maybe the driver, just to eliminate those.

For the last few weeks I've been building a new electronics cabinet for my X6-2200L centered around a UC300ETH and UB1 breakout board. Just recently I figured out VFD speed control and decided to make a video on it. I know there's a few guys here looking to make the transition over from Mach3 to UCCNC as well so I'm going to try to do my best to document my progress in video format.
    Current issue is that I'm not sending a pure 0-10V analog speed signal to the VFD but something much closer to 0-13V so I'll have to play around with VFD parameters and UCCNC's PWM configuration to resolve that. Next step is to clean up the wiring, make some chips, and start working on preparing for the ATC spindle that I ordered from JGL.

https://youtu.be/m3QBfp_2ayc

I had the same problem with the Nowforever VFD.
    The 12V output is closer to 13V, so I used a 7810 low drop out Voltage Regulator to drop it down to 10V.
    Works fine.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Belarusian View Post
    For the last few weeks I've been building a new electronics cabinet for my X6-2200L centered around a UC300ETH and UB1 breakout board. Just recently I figured out VFD speed control and decided to make a video on it. I know there's a few guys here looking to make the transition over from Mach3 to UCCNC as well so I'm going to try to do my best to document my progress in video format.
    Current issue is that I'm not sending a pure 0-10V analog speed signal to the VFD but something much closer to 0-13V so I'll have to play around with VFD parameters and UCCNC's PWM configuration to resolve that. Next step is to clean up the wiring, make some chips, and start working on preparing for the ATC spindle that I ordered from JGL.

https://youtu.be/m3QBfp_2ayc
    You’re putting an ATC spindle on the X6?

For VFD control, use modbus. You will get perfect RPM’s and data fed back to mach3 which you can have shown up on the mach3 screen to see how things are running.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    You’re putting an ATC spindle on the X6?
    For VFD control, use modbus. You will get perfect RPM’s and data fed back to mach3 which you can have shown up on the mach3 screen to see how things are running.
    I thought about doing that, but I bauked at the learning curve to get the Modbus comms working......It may not be hard, I don't know.
    I've just had bad experiences in the past...lol

One day I'll look at it......

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I thought about doing that, but I bauked at the learning curve to get the Modbus comms working......It may not be hard, I don't know.
    I've just had bad experiences in the past...lol

One day I'll look at it......

Steve
    Somewhere in this thread there are step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

Modbus isn’t that difficult actually. If you have any knowledge of pc coding you’ll find it a breeze. I didn’t but I looked at it and googled it, and looked a bit more, scratched my head a few times then suddenly it all clicked and I managed to do exactly what I wanted to do really quite simply.

Definitely worth doing you can have any info from your vfd from estimated RPM (pretty damn accurate) to voltage to how much current your spindle is pulling read out all in real time right on your screen in Mach3 and your programmed spindle speed will be pretty much dead nuts accurate - tested mine with a cheap digital tacho at 1000 rpm increments all the way to 24000 and every single speed the tacho read to within 10 RPM.

If you get more advanced I’m pretty certain you could have safety macro’s written so if you pull too much current or whatever it could automatically soft estop the machine to prevent any real damage from taking place. Can happen when your cutters start to go dull which is usually when you’re looking the other way.

Made another video going over the progress I've made upgrading the X6 with an ATC spindle and my UCCNC electronics. Whats been very pleasant is that the X6 router required minimal modification so far, just a larger drag chain had to be installed which required a few new holes to be drill and tapped.
    Also made a nice little modification on the X axis, by modifying the limit switch I've been able to extend the X axis travel to 365mm (original was 350 I believe) which was just enough for me to be able to fit 8 ISO20 tool holders on the tool rack.
    One issue I'm trying to tackle right now is bed leveling and finding the ideal approach between shimming the gantry, tramming the spindle, and surfacing the bed/spoilboard.
    The biggest obstacle now is designing, machining, and assembling the pneumatic tool rack and enclosure for the tool holders. Due to the small size of the table it's far too easy to get chips onto the tool holders and the dust blowoff isn't perfect. I expect to have a solution and a 90%+ done machine within the next few weeks.

If anyone feels like this deserves it's own thread please let me know, I don't want to put too much work into documenting my progress however I'm more than happy to share the things that I've learned with anyone looking to undertake a similar endeavor.

https://youtu.be/qoQHNMf2a_s

Nice work. You have put a lot of hours in that project already.

Has anyone found where I can buy more of the square M6 nuts that this machine came with? DIN557 appears to be smaller, no luck finding any other standards to go off of.

Pretty sure someone did a while back, somewhere in this behemoth of a thread.

I ended up using coach bolts upside down in the T slots and screwing the nuts down on top.

WHY use square nuts? Why not hex?
    Have you tried eBay? They have plenty.

Cheers
    Roger

Square for T nuts. Less likely to spin when you're loading up the clamping force, bigger surface area means less likely to create indent in the back face of the T track.

Wow. Great job sticking that on.

I use drop in t-nuts for the Bosch rexroth profile. Very handy as if you’ve got things set up you can still drop a t-nut in from the top, no need to move stuff to slide it in.

I took a long break from working on the router (burning out and other commitments) but I'm back with another update video. This time I'm happy to report that the machine is now capable of automatic tool changes with the ATC spindle and pneumatically actuated tool rack. I'll be making a separate thread soon where I plan on sharing my macros and finer details about the machine since I've been getting a lot of inquiries about it.

https://youtu.be/i5Vgb4ftkHs

Quote Originally Posted by Belarusian View Post
    I took a long break from working on the router (burning out and other commitments) but I'm back with another update video. This time I'm happy to report that the machine is now capable of automatic tool changes with the ATC spindle and pneumatically actuated tool rack. I'll be making a separate thread soon where I plan on sharing my macros and finer details about the machine since I've been getting a lot of inquiries about it.

https://youtu.be/i5Vgb4ftkHs
    That’s brilliant, great job

Page 104 of 107 45494102103104105106