585,722 active members*
4,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

add renishaw probe to fanuc 0M-D

I recently bought an renishaw OMP40-2 probe with OTS tool setter and OMI-2t interface. I located the skip signal input and have M68/M69 m-code avaible since i have no chip convoyer. I think it missed me some extra m-code. I can wire the convoyer output to machine start input probe 1, but wath can i use to machine start input probe 2? I have rotary axis un clamp (once again no rotary axis) but it need the unclamp switch input to generate MFIN. Also can i wire the probe status 1 and probe status 2 from the interface in parallel to the skip signal input or i have to use a relay that will send only the active probe status. I read about using a cheap PLC and generate exta M-code with diferent sequence of an avaible M code, but if i can avoid buying more stuff, I will be happy.

Wath is the safest way to monitor the low battery and the error output from the interface to avoid probing with an unfunctionnal system. I tought to interrupt macro, simplier or better way ?

Re: add renishaw probe to fanuc 0M-D

To select the active probe, use your spare M codes to fire the coil of a basic 24vdc relay where you have one probe wired to the NO connection and one to the NC one, using the wiper/common of the relay as the connection to your skip signal input. Then include these M codes in your Macros that operate your probing, tool length measurement cycles.

I believe I created a macro or program called by an M code (you have parameters that you can set to do this) to create the start signal for the spindle probe. My interface unit had an input to turn on the probe. The macro included an M code set to inject a 24vdc 5ms pulse using a G4Px statement. This is all the MI12 needed to start the probe. You have to locate the Y address of the M code you use and find the wire on your IO board that you can steal the signal from and send it to the Interface "Probe On" input terminal. There were also timing considerations like how soon the probe can be turned on after being turned off, that kind of stuff, that was simply dealt with by G4Pxx statements in the same macro/program.

My interface also has a low battery alarm output which I ended up going without. Partially because it had taken so much work to get the entire system going. Digging up another X address and hooking it up just didn't seem worth it at the time. I also had difficulty finding FIN signals to use.

My machine had tool length functionality built in that works perfectly with my Renishaw tool setter. I payed the big bucks for the Renishaw probe software as I have no Macro programming skills and didn't have the time to learn them.

You seem to be on the right track. Just give yourself some time to get it all figured out and wired in. If you have more money then time, there are people out there that I think can do this stuff in their sleep.