585,951 active members*
3,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > WEST TEXAS - running fanuc mill - need help - will trade for machine time

WEST TEXAS - running fanuc mill - need help - will trade for machine time

http://bcdracing.com/cnc/cnc.html

Fritch Texas, 30 min from Amarillo

There is a few things i am sure could be cured with someone who
    knows a little about posting. right now i am having trouble starting
    and stoping in the same place. you will have mastercamX - solidworks to use.

for your time I can let you use the machine or pay you in BBQ.LOL

alex morgan

www.bcdracing.com

bumpidie

bump

what kind of help do you need?

I read your post, and I think I'd be able to help out. I've been in the machining industry for almost 20 years. Right now, I run a shop in New Braunfels, TX. We mostly machine stainless, exotics, and several grades of cobalt and titanium. I have over 10 years of cad/cam programming experience. Just let me know what you need, and I'll see what I can do.

well i have been able to machine some stuff but when i post gcode from mastercamx it has m3's and stuff in the g code that my older 80's fanuc dosn't like doing then i get errors. do you guys use mastercamx? there might be some setings i am missing.

maybe i could come down and intern for a few days. i am sure i could pick up a lot.

alex morgan

which fanuc control?

Which fanuc control are you using? If the post is trying to turn the spindle on clockwise (M03), what m code does your machine prefer? You could possibly just modify the post for your machine, or mastercam would more than likely do it for you. I started in the late 80's using Okuma controls, and the oldest fanuc control I have used was early 90's model, which accepted M03 as legit m-code. I was not aware of the M03 problem with older fanucs. Or is it that your machine will only accept M03, and not just M3? I have run into that, where the 0 must be used. That can be modified in the post, once again, by you or mastercam could probably tell you how to do that on the phone. Was it the cad/cam help you needed, or do you also need help with the machining aspect of manufacturing? you can email me at [email protected]