585,712 active members*
4,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation HY-3040 all axes move at once

Hey guys.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to think up of a better name for this thread, but my friend has just got his HY-3040 and we just can't get it to work properly.
    Thing is, when the machine is not connected to the PC and I use the control pad that came with it, it reacts nicely to all the controls. X, Y, Z and A axes work.
    However, when I connect the machine using the printer port and try to control it using the same pad, the machine moves in all axes at once. I tried checking whether Mach3 'sees' the machine at all, but when I tried using the 'Automated setup of pins' option Mach3 couldn't get any signal back from the machine (even though the machine moved and spinned wildly).
    I've enabled the legacy plug n play detection for that LPT1 port, tried reinstalling Mach3 and restarting the PC several times, but I just can't get this thing to work.
    I am sure I'm missing something incredibly simple here, could someone please lend a helping hand?

Thanks a lot

Cool Re: HY-3040 all axes move at once

Hi,
    I am having the same problem, exactly the same thing happening with the handle and the behavior of the axis when the parallel cable is attached. I have a vertical 3040 4 axis. I have tried win xp and win 7 all 32 bit. Different mach3 configs are getting slightly different combinations of simultaneous axis anomalies. since the configs I am using are being widley used by members I am at a loss as to what is so wrong. I am getting limit switch alarms in mach3 when I use the settings found in an early thread:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...-software.html

Overriding in software does remove the alarm but doesnt enable jogging of the axis. I have problems with mach3 saying I dont have a serial port enabled if I select the serial port monitor. l. But the port is active I also think its something simply, Maybe the same guy wired our mc's up in china!
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

All this and never has the mc been able to jog axis using mach3 at all

Re: HY-3040 all axes move at once

Re: HY-3040 all axes move at once

You can find a complete manual with parameters settings there:
    https://imaginierie.com/2-different-...manufacturing/