585,670 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > 24v 10A MPJA transformer winding question

24v 10A MPJA transformer winding question

I bought the 24v 10A transformer that MPJA offers. Unfortunately the label on top has me confused about the windings and consequently how I should hook this up to 120v to get 24v out.

Should I hook the primaries up in parallel (reds together and blacks together) or in series (red input, red and black connected together, black input)? What about the secondaries?

I've attached a picture of the winding diagram and the primary and secondary leads.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mpja_x-former.jpg  

Primaries in parallel, Red-Red and Black-Black, secondaries output from Blue to Blue (24 Volt), leave the Yellow wire open

Is that what you want 24VAC??

Kreutz is correct.

Funny you should show this, I just set up a PS with this transformer a week or two ago. I got the cap from Digikey, and the H-bridge from EBay, I get 37V when all is said and done.

24VAC X 1.414 = 33.96 VAC....without a load 37 VDC should be expected....all the voltages are specified at a particular load. By H-bridge....are you talking about a full wave bridge rectifier?

Right - too much CNC - got confused there.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX View Post
    Is that what you want 24VAC??
    From the transformer, yes. I understand that this will change after it's changed to DC, but I'm expecting that.