584,798 active members*
4,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Dolphin CAD/CAM Needs to Update the DWES Documentation on Creating a Posts

Dolphin CAD/CAM Needs to Update the DWES Documentation on Creating a Posts

Hi all,

First off I would like to tell the powers that be that your site is broken. I haven't been here in awhile and had to get
    a new password. I followed the instruction that came with it, and tried to log in but it said my email was already in use.
    Next I tried to get help, but wouldn't let me - but it would let me write this.

So the V13 DWES (wire EDM software module) has a help section on creating a Post, but the only variables and flags that
    it outlines are those for a Mill or a Lathe - no real EDM information except for the variables that apply to all machines.

Does anyone know when the documentation will catch up with the application?

On the Dolphin web site they have posted a general Post PDF, but it contains very few of the
    variables and flags for the DWES module.

It is very hard to write a Post without any real information.

I have tried to glean some information by doing a post with the debug turned on - I can see
    the information I need, but it doesn't list the variable or flag names.

Best Regards,

Paul Hoffman

Re: Dolphin CAD/CAM Needs to Update the DWES Documentation on Creating a Posts

Hello Paul,

You should send any comments about CNCZone to the CNCzone webmaster - we don't control it.

As far at the post is concerned, the documentation can't address every type of controller and it's own usage of variables, we can only give a "guide"

We are working on your post right now.

ATB
    Andre

Re: Dolphin CAD/CAM Needs to Update the DWES Documentation on Creating a Posts

As my post stated I tried to send the webmaster the problem information, but the site would not let me.

That is why I said the site was broken. There was no other way, at the time, to tell someone there was a problem.

Andre' - I wasn't asking about controller's variables, but the variables that a user can use to modify the post processor -

the variables and flags that the Dwes program uses such as: Rough Cut >Generator Settings. IE: what are the variables

used, by Dwes, for the generator settings one two and three, for the Rough cut, Middle cut, and Finish cut?

Most of the documentation available, about modifying the post processor, seems to be for milling and turning machines,

and very little about wire EDM machines. The help files, for the post, lists over 70 variables and 26 flags for milling/turning

machines and none for wire EDM machines, and this is from the wire EDM (Dwes) module. I don't even have the Milling/turning

modules.

I appreciate all of your efforts on my behalf.

Best Regards,

Paul Hoffman
    [email protected]