585,978 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Exclamation BobCAD-CAM V27

Has anybody else had problems with this program? If so, please explain!
    We (as a company) have had NOTHING BUT ISSUES WITH this!! We have had the program for 3 months and still have not been able to produce a single item! Not to mention the service is horrendous, being lied to on multiple occasions, and lets not fail to mention that it almost drove a bit into our brand new 130,000.00 + CNC Machine!
    After multiple attempts at new post processors, and even hiring a tech (VERY experienced) to come in full time Mon-Fri to work with techs at BobCad-Cam, we have requested a refund and just got a letter back denying us and blatantly calling our company a bunch of liars!
    :nono:
    I am beyond irate at this point and would like to hear other opinions and experiences from customers, good or bad please...
    Thank you,
    Ashley Ann

Re: BobCAD-CAM V27

Not to sound like a smart @$$

If in 3 months you have not got even 1 part done,,you need to look at the "Help" in your shop.
    And/or
    Maybe you should upload a file here to substantiate your claims.
    Or
    you could ask specific questions,,,that is what the forum is for,,,,,
    Or
    Buy a airplane ticket and hire one of us forum users for a week or two to get schooled.

Again,not being a smart @$$,,,,,maybe a little,,,,do you work for a competitor software ?????
    Your post is full of it.

BTW,excellent 1st post

Not to sound like a B***h BUT,..

My help in the shop has plenty of experience, we fabricate counter tops/showers/cabinets- from a wide range of materials, so that's not the problem.
    I am new to this forum, and I just posted to find out others experiences, and to learn how to use this site, so my sincere (almost) apologizes.
    I think I was specific on WHY I posted here.
    If I knew somebody who could solve the problem, I would buy a ticket and have them come here to "school" us on what the issue is and how to fix it.- THUS, I have asked for opinions/experiences to see if there are others who fixed this problem and can help.
    NO, I do NOT work for a competitor, BUT if a competitor can see my post, and can advise or offer a program that works, well then,..my post would be worth it.
    again, not to be a B***h, (Maybe,..a lot)...
    Thanks,
    Ashley

Has anyone in your shop had CNC experiance in the past? Have they used other cam software before?

What kind of machine are you using, what kind of material are you cutting?

A good operator should catch z depth errors before driving a tool into your table.

You need to tell us what this problem is in order to fix it, I had was cutting parts the day after getting bobcad. And over time I kept altering the post processor when it did not output code the way that either I wanted, or the machine wanted.

MikeC8,
    First let me thank you for not coming at my post in a negative manner, I appreciate it!
    Yes, plenty of CNC experience, our operator has been with us for quite some time now.
    Please excuse me while I go get my CNC operator and have him hop on here to explain in depth the situation we have, as he will be more detailed.
    I truly posted to try to find answers,..

Well Houston,,we have a problem

Upload a ..zip of a .bbcd file,,,also include your post processor.Give us an answer to the questions Mike asked above.

Anything short of this,,,we cannot help you.

Watch these video's https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd

I would also advise purchasing the Video Professor series

This software works fine,,,sorry if I sound harsh,but the forum gets people complaining and *****ing from time to time,,,at the end of the day it is user error .

jrmach,
    This time you posted a helpful reply, thank you.
    I will upload in a short while.

Post processor is bad for BobCAD. It toolpaths bad code/wrong code. Looking at CNC machine cutiing into itself which is dangerous and expensive. And it's not time efficient to have to look over EVERY code sent via BobCAD just to make sure the code is correct. It really should work flawlessly for all intent and purposes. (1)Draw it-(2)send to machine/CNC-(3)machine/CNC cuts it. It REALLY should be that easy. BobCAD has been nothing but problems

Flakewood/particle board, Wood, 100% acrylic Solid Surface, plastics....

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn86 View Post
    Post processor is bad for BobCAD. It really should work flawlessly for all intent and purposes. It REALLY should be that easy.

Will,,the work you are doing sounds like simple stuff.
    I have no idea WTH is going on.
    I know one major stumblin block a lot of newbies experience with BoB is,,,Peeps have prior experience and when they jump over to BoB,they tend to to things in a similar fashion that they are use,but you have to use the software the way the BoB developers made it.
    Send the rest of info over and we will have a look.There are many,many capable users on this forum.Help is here,,start a new thread each time you have a question/and also use the forum search to find past threads on the problem at hand.
    You not need to be Einstein to figure this out.But you have a learning that will require an investment of your time.Hence,watch every single video I mentioned earlier. And give all the info as stated earlier.

Fixing the post processor can be pretty simple. You need to look at the supplied G/M-Code book that came with your machine.

Now open your post processor with notepad and change line 26 from off, to on.

26. Set debug.
    debug_off

26. Set debug.
    debug_on

Then load up a part file and click post. You will now see where each line of code gets its info from in your post processor. You can then make changes, and check it again. If your programmer knows his G-code language this shouldnt be a issue.

Have you tried any other cam software for simple items like what you are doing you could try one of the Vectric products. You can download a working demo that lets you cut sample files and you do not even have to give your email so there is no pressure like Bobcad does.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn86 View Post
    Post processor is bad for BobCAD. It toolpaths bad code/wrong code. Looking at CNC machine cutiing into itself which is dangerous and expensive. And it's not time efficient to have to look over EVERY code sent via BobCAD just to make sure the code is correct. It really should work flawlessly for all intent and purposes. (1)Draw it-(2)send to machine/CNC-(3)machine/CNC cuts it. It REALLY should be that easy. BobCAD has been nothing but problems
    It is just that easy, the caveat is that there is some setting up to do, that goes for any CadCAM software, BobCAD GARANTEE that they will provide a PP that will produce code that your machine control will run. I produce code for 3D Molds almost every day and if a tool ever gets "fired" into the job or the machine then it is ALWAYS something I have done wrong, not the software or the machine.

Your operator may be very experienced and no detriment to the person but that can sometimes be a bit of a drawback when starting a new system, it`s often hard to shake old habits

Several unanswered questions here, what is the machine, what control does it use eg Fanuc, Anilam, Heidenhain etc or is it an "odd ball" control that has unusual characters/code ? ?

As jrmach has requested, please upload bccd file and your PP and some sample code that is known to work and someone will look at and compare what is being produced by BobCAD.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    It is just that easy, the caveat is that there is some setting up to do, that goes for any CadCAM software, BobCAD GARANTEE that they will provide a PP that will produce code that your machine control will run. I produce code for 3D Molds almost every day and if a tool ever gets "fired" into the job or the machine then it is ALWAYS something I have done wrong, not the software or the machine.

Your operator may be very experienced and no detriment to the person but that can sometimes be a bit of a drawback when starting a new system, it`s often hard to shake old habits

Several unanswered questions here, what is the machine, what control does it use eg Fanuc, Anilam, Heidenhain etc or is it an "odd ball" control that has unusual characters/code ? ?

As jrmach has requested, please upload bccd file and your PP and some sample code that is known to work and someone will look at and compare what is being produced by BobCAD.

Have you read that they have not had any jobs that ran correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Well,I can guarantee,they are doing a lot of things wrong and when they get around to supplying what has been requested earlier in this thread,,it will work.

Machine make, model and version and whether this information was communicated to the software vendor prior to purchase may be key here,

- Nick

Sample code that is known to work should be able to be produced, I think you misinterpreted what he asked.

No file or even a hint of a detail to work with yet here? No one even knows what controller we're talking here.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Well,I can guarantee,they are doing a lot of things wrong and when they get around to supplying what has been requested earlier in this thread,,it will work.
    how can you guarantee that they will get it to work and how long do you have to wait to get a working program. Are you going to give the money back out of your own pocket

how can you guarantee that they will get it to work and how long do you have to wait to get a working program. Are you going to give the money back out of your own pocket

Is the soul purpose of you posting just to stir stuff up.You have yet to say anything intelligent.Slow day ????Bored ???????

update,I just got off the phone with Al and Kevin,I am now the proud owner of V28 that was just released today.In the past I owned V23,V25,V26 ,,,It just keeps getting better and better.
    So,I guess I am just a sucker for bad software
    OR
    Maybe there is a lot of value in BoB software if you take the time to learn it.

So let me better state this "I have the upmost confidence that this forum and tech support,if needed,can get the OP up and running."

Page 1 of 2 12