584,846 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > Help with using multicam vision and enroute

Help with using multicam vision and enroute

I have been using enroute on multicam routers for over 12 years. I recently changed jobs and the software they were using was EZG code creator. I hate it and was able to get enroute4 from a friend who switched to a different software. Anyway, I have it up and running but I am trying to set it up to use the multicam vision when we print on acrylic and I cannot figure out how to set the tool up. I read that I need to make it tool 99, but I do not know how to create to tool in the tool library. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Help with using multicam vision and enroute

what you need to do is very simple
    set a new tool
    with 1/4 "diameter at which
    you're going to name a camera
    and thou shalt put that tool in position # 99

I am tasked with getting our Multicam camera functionality up & running again after we lost our operator. I was able to get the camera calibrated & the camera offsets set. When I attempt to program a simple test cut... The Multicam will read all regmarks, then it pauses right before it is supposed to do the tool change for the final Cut. The G-Code looks OK, from what I can tell. And there are no "extra point or lines" left over, that could cause an issue. I am fresh out of ideas.... Our VISION tool is setup as Tool 99 in our enroute tool library, but I do not see a place to mirror that in the Multicam / Job Console. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kvallery View Post
    I am tasked with getting our Multicam camera functionality up & running again after we lost our operator. I was able to get the camera calibrated & the camera offsets set. When I attempt to program a simple test cut... The Multicam will read all regmarks, then it pauses right before it is supposed to do the tool change for the final Cut. The G-Code looks OK, from what I can tell. And there are no "extra point or lines" left over, that could cause an issue. I am fresh out of ideas.... Our VISION tool is setup as Tool 99 in our enroute tool library, but I do not see a place to mirror that in the Multicam / Job Console. Any help would be much appreciated.
    When I was last moving Enroute to a different computer and had to set it up again I noticed that there were several post processors for other multiCAM products. you might need to select another post processor when you are using the optical vision head for doing that. Also, if you are the original purchaser of the machine you have free technical support.

multicam GC (gcode) is the correct post. For the camera operation, make sure you are using drill centers for a tool path