584,841 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Grizzly G0704 CNC conversion kit files

Grizzly G0704 CNC conversion kit files

Hello everyone,

I'm waiting with patience my milling machine to arrive, everything seem to be good so far with preparation,

I spent almost all of my budget to buy the machine and ball screw (linearmotionbearings2008) + motors / power supply and drivers and now
    I would like to build my own aluminium parts that is necessary for assembly. I looked around in the forum for some good drawing but didn't find anything good. So can anyone can help me. I'm from Europe and to order Hoss's DVD will be very expensive for me

Please Help

Re: Grizzly G0704 CNC conversion kit files

It's possible to buy the download version of Hoss' DVD. Saves you the shipping. It's well worth the money, even if not all parts may fit your machine without some modifications.

^ What Stigoe said. Contact Hoss and arrange for a download purchase of what you need.

I wish I had done that. Instead I bought a conversion kit that was a total nightmare. My first project once I finish paid work with the mill is to make a replacements for all the parts except the ballscrews... Should have just gone with Hoss' plans to start with.

Thanks you for the advice, I'll buy the Hoss' DVD once I see that I can't figure out how to build new bearings holders end by myself. I found enough information from other posts how to .. and will be happy to share my solution with you once I have done the conversion. I don;t have money for kit so I was even prepared to machine ball screw with my lathe,

I'm wondering if someone put anti-weight on the Z axis to eliminate the weight force of spindel in one direction .. I mean the idea of elevator when the cabin is going up the anti weight is going down .. so the motor can me times weaker than in other case and of course the friction between ball screw and ball nut will be less with anti weight.

I'm going to cast one Pb cube to get the right anti-weight in less volume.

What do you think ? sorry for ugly sketch

you can use the counter weight, however a well sized stepmotor still need... drilling steel with a 15-20 mm drill require force...

about plans, hoss selling for 65 the dvd
    G0704 DVDROM

if you feel you cant pay for, still you have chance to make it without plan..

since you have all part, and visible you have ability to machining, then I believe you can make it ... just like hoss made..
    on one side you saying you can deal to make ballscrew, but you can not figure a plate with a bearing hole ....

yet, you can wait till you have the money and buy the download..

in Europe pending on what part youre, the average wage is from $ 5-6 up to $25 ... so practically its a day wage in worst case..

Hey guys,

I'm almost done with conversion. I made some own plans to make conversion with minimum milling (indeed, not a big deal) ... pff because I had to wait 10 hours for this 4 details (2 in Z) to be milled with my Z6040 CNCAttachment 289510

Hm, victorofga - you are right .. I did not think about force that is necessary for milling tool to enter into material So I will try with less counter weight.

I bought ssome 425oz-inch step motors and I hope they will be enough in direct coupling .. if not I prepared 3 sets for gearing with pulleys in ratio 2:1, but for now I need this machine only for aluminium and will use tolls bigger than 12mm, so I hope that this motors will work for me

Hello gyus,

I put on hold my conversion .. because of some business trips until the end of the year.

I forgot to share with you the file for X Y Z holders. Actually I already attach them and the are pritty good.

You have to make treads M5 and M6 on the holes.

Also to make this edges on the face of Z holder it should be with 8mm hole and the tread M8 on the big Z piece.

Here is the File ..it is for Geomagic design 2014 with CAD and CAM .. please check if the g-code is fine because I just regenerate it.