585,948 active members*
3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

I'm looking at purchasing a laser cutting machine that I've seen on eBay. The seller imported the machine 3 years ago, tested it, but didn't use it again.

The machine looks great, however the reverse picture has a weird plug socket attached (see picture). I don't know what the purpose of this socket is and it just looks odd to me - is it something I should be concerned about?

It's a 50W - I need it to cut & engrave 3-5mm acrylic sheets so the power is fine for me.

Re: Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

Mr chezney,
    Why not to buy a new one?
    I am wandering about why the seller buy it 3 years ago and never use it.
    As far as I know this kind of machine is normal and you can buy one qualitified machine,the price have decrease a lot these years,
    Normally machine's warranty in our Chinese market is 1 year,so you might consider about it.
    The output power can reduce after a long time.
    So I think a new one is a better choose.
    Cheers...............Seven

If it's the power socket on the left most your talking about, that's a bog standard IEC style socket, is that what you meant? Or the big white British style Type G one?

I'd open the back up and just look where the sockets are wired to. This link might help in the meantime:

Plug & socket types - World Standards

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Yes, the machine has been modified and the white socket is a standard British, 13 amp, 3 pin socket (twin and ground). However, I would guess that socket has been added for external equipment to be powered up at the same time as the laser (possibly the water or air pumps) and the standard IEC to the right of it would be to power the laser itself.