585,698 active members*
3,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Conjuring not doing whole work piece

Conjuring not doing whole work piece

I'm using BobCam v24 and I work in a machine shop running a Sodick 537 wire EDM machine. When I get spare time I like to create projects for myself. I went through and cleaned up the image but for some reason I cant get the whole thing to highlight as a whole. I swear I have looked for hours for small gaps and lines that don't line up but I cant for the life of me find any more and it still not working. Here is the zip file for anyone that thinks they can help out. Thanks in advance. Also if you want to clean up the image more or have advice I would love to get it since I'm still fairly new to BobCam.

Re: Conjuring not doing whole work piece

EDIT: It's late at night, and I'm an idiot. I opened V24, and was trying to find your geometry in the default BobCAD 1 file... First version of this post said I didn't see anything to work with.

Cleanup on these vectorized files is often messy, and the tools can be finicky about what they will and won't put up with. Once I noticed the scale of the piece, I scaled it up by a factor of 10, and it all selected as a single entity. If you're needing it to be at the scale you posted it in, then things like vertices being too close together in the "upper lip" just above the upper fangs will be an issue unless you go into <Preferences> [Settings Part] (or [Settings Default]) <System> [Chain Select], and drop your value from 0.0010 to something a lot smaller, like 0.0001. That should let you select everything at once, without getting weird chain breaks.

Hope that helps!

------------------------------------------------------Original dufus reply-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not seeing anything in the .bbcd file, Holzy. Are you sure you got the right file when you went to compress it? It might help to upload the original image, as well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cheers!

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Oops, I missed one other thing. In the upper right fang, the tooth is closed off from the rest of the geometry. I [Quick Trim]med, two segments out to open that up, and it then selected properly. Sorry for the confused replies, I need to get to bed...

I attached the modified file. Probably won't affect your [Settings Default], though.

Luke

Oh thank you and scaling it bigger is fine. I looked on how to scale it but couldn't figure it out/ was way to late for me to be messing with it in the first place haha. Your a life saver!! The advice about the size and changing preferences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Scaling in BobCAD is very easy. I attached a screenshot from V24, showing that file, with a copy scaled 10X. The red arrows indicate the <Translate> button at the top, and the <Scale> and <Copy> buttons within the <Translate> window on the left. If I'd left <Copy> unchecked, the original wouldn't have been left on-screen. This can also be used to make multiple copies at fixed distances, (like a grid or array), by changing the Start and End values. Since I left those values alone, but checked the <Scale> button, and changed the value to 10 from the default 1, it scaled the geometry itself, and the distances from the origin, all by 10X.

The <Translate> , <Rotate>, and <Mirror> tools are very powerful, and once you get the hang of their abilities, you'll find yourself using them constantly. Have fun, and always post questions here. We all start as beginners, there are a lot of really, really knowledgeable folks here who remember that, and will help anyone who wants to learn.

Luke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scaling.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files