585,749 active members*
3,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Simulator Centurion V Version 5.94

Simulator Centurion V Version 5.94

Gang,

I have recently purchased a 1997 MB20 with Centurion V Version 5.94 control and it seems that the current CNC simulator (version 264P) downloaded from Milltronics will not work with my older control. The programs will not run or verify at the machine, but okay on the simulator.

Does anyone has a version that would work with my control? Is this my problem? It's definitely nice to program offline sometimes

Thanks
    Dave

Yes, if the version of offline software does not match the version of software on the machine (or atleast be close in versions) you will not be able to verify/run programs.

Dave,

If you by any chance get this, call Larry or Pat Byers down at K & M Industrial on the west side of town and see if they have it lying around. I got it off of them twice before, if I recall correctly... Where are you located/work for? I might be able to help. My shop is on Mandigo just south of Center street in Portage.
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

I emailed and call Steve at K&M and he didn't think he still had a copy and it would be a fair bit of digging to find it. Even tried Emailing Miltronics with no response. Will try going through Pat or Larry to see if they can help. Been busy with the design side of things and haven't chase this issue.

Thanks

I'm a lone wolf - oneman shop

I'm over here on South Shaver Rd. next to Kalamazoo Chuck Mfg. in the old Command Electronics building. Just before you get to 131 intersection. Are you in a blue-ish building just off Portage Rd on Mandigo?

Again Thanks
    Dave

Yeah, it was my grandpas old shop and now I'm in it. What kind of work do you do? Have a lot of equipment? I was in that 'chuck shop' several times discussing grinding but have since bought a rotary grinder with a 30" dia. table~

My next purchase is going to be an Omax waterjet but it probably won't be here until mid summer I think...

I'm a one man show too, well, kinda anyhow... My dad has a company in the same building and until next month there is a third rolling around in here too... I'm usually the only one here though~

I think it's ridiculous that Milltronics doesn't have there old software lying around somewhere. I'm mean seriously, what could it possibly hurt to email a copy to someone who bought a used machine?! If you have anymore trouble email me at "[email protected]" and I'll try to help...

PS

I got the mill software off of them, ooops, not the lathe software... Otherwise, I could give it to ya... Go figure~

Here is 5.76 simulator it should work with your 5.94
    you will need to unzip to a floppy and then from your command prompt
    go to the A: then type install a: c: and it will extract the software.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by AMCjeepCJ View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that Milltronics doesn't have there old software lying around somewhere. I'm mean seriously, what could it possibly hurt to email a copy to someone who bought a used machine?! If you have anymore trouble email me at "[email protected]" and I'll try to help...
    I eat my words, my sincere apologies, I was under the impression you talked to them and they said no...

Quote Originally Posted by mholden View Post
    Here is 5.76 simulator it should work with your 5.94
    you will need to unzip to a floppy and then from your command prompt
    go to the A: then type install a: c: and it will extract the software.
    Hello I know this is an old post I am kind of hoping you check in from time to time...or maybe someone else can help.. Anyways after some research and messing around I was able to get the simulator.ZIP‎ to work with Windows 7...However all the Function keys are in some other Language...I think....I am not 100% sure but it could also be the font part of the program is corrupt...But what confuses me is that all the screen data is in English and 100% readable the only part the affected by the unreadable language is the Function keys and the Menu bar... Anyone have any ideas...

PS: I tried getting into the Parameters to see if there is a parameter I can change to make it in English Language but I get a black screen...
    If anyone has any info on where to get another Simulator that would also be helpful... Anyone know how much Milltronics would charge for an older Simulator like this?

Try inserting a 'p' (lower case p) after the CNC.EXE on the command line i.e. CNC.EXE p

If that doesn't work, search the net for DOSBOX and use that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
    Try inserting a 'p' (lower case p) after the CNC.EXE on the command line i.e. CNC.EXE p

If that doesn't work, search the net for DOSBOX and use that.
    The P didnt seem to do anything I had tried DOSBOX before but it wouldnt install kept telling me it "Installer integrity check has failed" re downloaded everything and got DOSBOX to install and got the sim to work...Thanks! I was just about to go buy a windows 98 laptop... found 1 for $20 lol!

OK lets be clear hear.
    The "simulator" CNC/SLS/Lat sim software was designed to "simulat" software that would allow up to 10 programs with 13 events. It was designed as a way for someone to "TRY OUT" the software to "see" the value in the Milltronics control.
    The "FAST CAM" "SLS CAM" and the "Lathe CAM" software is a option to purchase software.
    The "Fast Cam software allows unlimited programming events, RS-232 connections and import of DFX files and allows verifying CAD/CAM files befor running on the machine.

The "simulatoer is/was desighed as a "try before you buy" software.

As some of may have noted, Milltronics no longer provides the "simulator" download from thier web site. It seems that some "genius" decided to "hack" the simulator and make it "Fast Cam" software. HooRay for him/her (sic). That leaves the rest of the community "out in the cold". That person/ persons did you all , no favor.
    It WAS free for the down load. No more "freebees".

It was nice to point some one "new" to the Milltronics control and "see for your self" how easy the control is to use.

That being said, could Milltronics cut the price on OLDER fastcams? That is a different question.

BUT, the new software does "so much more".

NOW, call Milltronics (952-442-1410) and ask service or sales to PLEASE send you the latest " SIMULATOR" software. Expect to "Pay" for the Fast Cam software.

I recently had to purchase "64 bit" softwrae that had previously be been supplied at "no charge" for 32 bit software. IE Win 7/8 64 bit. Did I like it, NO. But hey someone had the write the stuff and in the end I paid $500 for the privalige of having the ability to be able to have "MY" floppy to USB emulator work on 64 bit (Win 7/8)operating systems.

(self serving plug here) My floppy to USB drives have the ability to have, 100 floopy disk sectors per thumb drive (thumb drive supplied), zip/unzip files (tested to 4.8MB) on one floppy sector and have a DOS bootable sector if needed/wanted. View and copy to any of the 100 "disk sectors" and more. Others don't do what mine do.

Be willing to pay for someone elses time,efforts and labor. After all, you expect, "no less".

More to come from "Sportybob".

Sporty bob

Re: Simulator Centurion V Version 5.94

Hey man, I really really appreciate if you help me to get a software for Milltronics (close to 5.94), because the ZIP file posted here didnt help me. I tried to run with DOSBOX and it didnt work. It says something like "your parameter file has been corrupted". I would thank you a lot.

It is telling you that the Pfile.dat file is corrupted. Try coping the pfile.dat from your machine back up parameter disk, You have one RIGHT? To make one insert a floppy into the machine floppy drive. On the front panel press F7 ( prams) F6 (save) it will make you a back up copy . Milltronics makes it an easy process.

copy the pfile.dat to the fastcam (ram) directory.

TO ALL, WHAT EVER TYPE OF MACHINE / CONTROL YOU HAVE. MAKE A BACK UP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make an effort to find out what the process is for you machine / control. This will save you THOUSANDS of dollars with it goes bad.

Hint, On FANUC drives, DO NOT change the batteries with the power OFF. You WILL lose the settings This cost about $10,000 to fix if you don't have a back up. So, DO NOT ever change the battery with power OFF.
    Other controls have their own processes. FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE, BEFORE you need them

Sportybob

I know this is really old but would like to use the simulator, Im getting error (pfile.dat has been corrupted)I dont have a copy of the pfile.dat from the machine. can I get around it somehow with out it?
    this is on a old windows xp and also dosbox, any help would be great, thanks
    Last edited by positiverake; 10-04-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Buenas! Soy nuevo x aquí. Agradecería quién me pudiera ayudar. Tengo problemas en la tarjeta SimDisk de mi control Centurion V de mi máquina Milltronics MFG. Dice: Creating directories... Cuando trato de realizar Backup SRAM. Pero, luego "Seek error Redding drive C"