Hey G'day folks,

Well the last of my pc boxes with a parallel port has finally gone to heaven, its poetic after having resolved an issue I had with the g540 this is an annoyance.

Question is there an inexpensive solution to go from pc usb/ethernet to parallel port?

I used to have a UC100 (I should have kept it but gave it away with an old cnc router) did a great job but I really don't want to spend $170/$200 for a usb to parallel port card. I know I'm being cheap.

I've had a good look at whats available in smooth steppers, they all must be ok I guess but my humble opinion they are overpriced. I never had an issue with parallel port things always worked as intended.

I would just like to not have to go find another OLD motherboard with P/P and spend time making it all work. Cost of a motherboard probably $20 - $50 at a flea market or flea bay..

The other solution I can dust of one of my older laptops and just buy a PCMCIA card they are relatively cheap $5/$15...

But being old miserable and grumpy and wanting to be difficult I would like to buy something similar to the UC100 simple plug and play so I can keep my G540.

The smoothsteppers I've seen todate just seem so expensive - virtually not viable to buy if I need to spend that type of money I'd rather shelve the G540 and buy a control board with USB/ethernet already built in.

Is there anything available under the $100 mark - I don't need it to be clever just functional.

Cheers and avagreatday all,

Steve

I'm just wondering if I should step outside to make sure the roof doesn't cave in.
I'm still breathing and living to disappoint..