585,668 active members*
4,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > CONQUEST 42 Turret Missing Position

Post CONQUEST 42 Turret Missing Position

I have cnc machine (HARDINGE CONQUEST 42 CS-42). I am facing a problem with turret missing position for example (when we call 7 number tool it brings 10 number tool physically)
    Previously I had hydraulic turret machines and ran them without problem, this is my first servo control turret machine. I have checked the switches in the turret and all are in working order. Do I need to change the parameters in the controller or do I need to use G-Code to bring the turret to home position and than change to tool using T & M codes.

Regards,
    Imran

Re: CONQUEST 42 Turret Missing Position

This is a fairly easy problem to solve. At least on a T42 with a Fanuc 18-T control.
    There is a procedure in the maintenance book that Hardinge supplied with the machine.
    Look under: Turret Homing Procedure.

You must get the turret to unclamp and raise. Then you remove the turret gear shaft cover (facing you) and use an allen wrench to manually bring the turret around to #1 position.
    I have used the Hardinge bushing alignment shaft/tool mounted in a round shank holder on the turret with a 1.0" collet in the spindle. This way you can see how close you are to being on center when you adjust the turret. Keep the collet open. Do not close on the shaft. It's just for visual reference. When you are happy that you are as close to perfect. back out the Z axis from the collet and seat the turret, It should seat nicely.
    There is a parameter that you will need to enter the turret position in. This case would be 1.

Hardinge was the best in their manuals between 1994 through the early 2000's. Now are the dark days.

JT