585,763 active members*
4,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Frustrated and venting

Angry Frustrated and venting

I am frustrated with learning machining, Rhino and Mastercam. I am on the verge of just quitting. I don't want to learn Mastercam, I just want to learn Rhino, import, and run my damn tool path. I CANNOT try to learn another program!!!!!

As I tell my students ...I am a butterfly, not an ant. I wish I were an ant. I admire ants. But I am no ant. Butterflies flutter but are beautiful (not that I am beautiful, but un any case). I am just going to end up splattered on someone's winshield..but what a trip I would have had!!!! Why the $#@# can't I have been born an ant.
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller

Well....I don't think that Rhino is the correct solution....I look at it more as a modeler.

I know what you mean about learing....the software tools are the hardest part...

stuck

I'm stuck with Rhino for my students unless I want to REALLY learn mastercam and do all my geometry there. Dude...I barely know my Rhino geometry. I still haven't even made the Penguin and barely did the dragonfly tutorial, although my kids are more advanced than me. Damn butterflies! I do get them stuff they need though..hee..hee
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller

Ah....well maybe that's the solution.....hire the ant to design what the butterfly wants!

whats wrong with a little more knowledge. I never used Rhino, but I use Mastercam. Sure it takes some effort to learn something new, but then you will be that more skilled try and hang in there, I used to torch ants with gas when I was a kid, be glad you weren't one of those ants

That is a big task, to learn all three simultaneously. I think this is one of the reasons I like OneCNC: one interface to learn for part modelling and an easy interplay between the model and the toolpaths. However, having said that, you might find yourself on the outs with Dan B, because he's not impressed with OneCNC and he loves Rhino
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I am a 56 year old toolmaker going back to collage and learning cnc programing and its not easy. Hang in there!

Olaf

My first mastercam class starts in January.. I'm sure I'll be feeling your pain soon

What is Rhino? There's no talk about that program around school.

Hey, at least your learning MC, its the most popular and the industry standard. I'm as frustrated as you are, I'm trying to learn MC9 right now. Its tough, but what a program!

I console myself with the realization that I'm learning the most popular CAM program there is, a skill I'll be able to add to for years and use for any machining application, with posts for any machine made.

As far as Rhino goes, I dont know how usefull it is in a manufacturing environment, maybe it would be good for modeling parts, I dont know. I feel that the CAM is more important to learn first, and I can only handle one at a time. Learning two SW programs at the same time is too confusing for this old man.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)