585,883 active members*
5,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

31i model B5 parameter backup

Can anyone tell me the parameter backup procedure for a Fanuc 31i Model B5? We have an Onsrud 5-axis router & I want to have a backup on file. I've tried getting the procedure from Onsrud tech support, but their only response is "Currently the only manual we have on backups is for internal use only. I am looking into what solution we can offer at an end-user level, but the engineer I need to speak with is out of the office this week.". I've sent reminder emails asking if their engineer is in this week, but all I'm getting back is the sound of crickets.
    We only received the operators manual, which doesn't have any info on backup procedures either.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Zeke

Re: 31i model B5 parameter backup

I used this a couple of weeks ago... however, the macros stored in the MTB1 folder and other protected programs weren’t backed up. I suspect that setting #3202 bit 4 and 0 = 1 prior to doing the backup will also backup all of the protected programs.

Thank you for BackUp document.
    Setting these parameters allow the output to CF only user files. But what I can make BackUp for Base software and drivers?

SRAM backup from the boot system. Should back up everything. The Fanuc manual will give you step by step instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by ifixcnc View Post
    SRAM backup from the boot system. Should back up everything. The Fanuc manual will give you step by step instructions.
    So the SRAM backup that takes place after cycling power in the document I posted is not the same as the SRAM backup from the boot system?

dcoupar I did not try to step on your toes, I only replied to "Setting these parameters allow the output to CF only user files. But what I can make BackUp for Base software and drivers?" SRAM is SRAM as far as I know. Sorry, I did not notice that your document had included it.

Much distrust, for some controllers these manuals already is not real. May be, Fanuc programmers have already installed "Protected" flags for system files?
    Recently I too had such problem either as Zeke13.

dcoupar I did not try to step on your toes, I only replied to "Setting these parameters allow the output to CF only user files. But what I can make BackUp for Base software and drivers?" SRAM is SRAM as far as I know. Sorry, I did not notice that your document had included it.
    No worries... I didn't feel that you were stepping on my toes, I was just concerned that maybe the document I posted wasn't correct. I'm so glad Fanuc finally put a "system backup" in place.

You can also set the controller up to save the SRAM to the Flash memory area in the controller too. You must set the parameters first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auto Backup.pdf  

Thanks, I've got it now