585,737 active members*
4,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Importing revised part into existing program

Importing revised part into existing program

I have an existing program which is fairly complex. I now have to make a revision to the part model. Does any one have a procedure/instructions or know of a tutorial that explains how to do this. In other words I want to delete the existing part model from the program, import a new part model, locate it to the same coordinates as the old part and then reassign the operations as needed.Step by step would be great.
    Any help will be appreciated

Re: Importing revised part into existing program

I'm embarrassed, I didn't see your post and it was right there if front of me and the man upstairs as they say. Thanks I would delete this whole thread if I could.

Ok so I can't seem to delete the existing model. Nothing deletes when I click on the Red X for delete. Its says nothing selected but when I select the part with the mouse the red X goes grey and not active. What am I doing wrong

Ok got it figured out. Deleted the existing part and got the new reloaded. About half of the operation built when I press run so now will just need to re-pick the edges, surfaces, etc.
    Should be ok and much quicker then reprogramming the whole part. I'll update when done and see if I'm still optimistic after.

I would get excited at first but most of the time ended up redoing everything. I have had luck importing new elements to an existing model but your locations to import must be nuts on.

Quote Originally Posted by LRF View Post
    Ok got it figured out. Deleted the existing part and got the new reloaded. About half of the operation built when I press run so now will just need to re-pick the edges, surfaces, etc.
    Should be ok and much quicker then reprogramming the whole part. I'll update when done and see if I'm still optimistic after.

I completed the project and actually wasn't that much work. Certainly far less then starting over. About half of the operations had to be re-associated which the feature on the part. It appeared the reason for this was because the feature numbers system in SC changed for the first part which kind of makes sense since after all I changed the model.
    Anyway all said and done it worked and of course that was the mission.

1. Delete all of the existing part from the environment
    2. Import the new model
    3. Re-align the new model to the same coordinates used on the original (don't know whether this is a must or not just the way I did it)
    4. Review each operation to see if it recognized the same feature as it did in the original program. If not there will be a question mark in front of the feature description. If a question mark. Delete the feature and pick a new one form the new model
    5. Re run the program, if it all builds then run the simulator

4. Review each operation to see if it recognized the same feature as it did in the original program. If not there will be a question mark in front of the feature description. If a question mark. Delete the feature and pick a new one form the new model
    Be careful with this! It's possible to import a revised model and the surface or line "name" is valid, but it's not the same surface or line in the previous model.
    I place cursor on each item in job list and look at model to verify they are in fact correct.

5. Re run the program, if it all builds then run the simulator
    This is the key function which proves you got it right or not.

Anyway everything worked out fine.

This is the key function which proves you got it right or not.

Anyway everything worked out fine.
    True!
    What I was trying to say is you will get gouge detections that will have you guessing where the problem is when no question marks are in list!