585,902 active members*
4,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: UCcnc CAM

UCcnc CAM

Well it is cute. Unless what I see is because it is in demo mode they have a long way to go for it to be usefull. It is VERY picky about the importing of a DXF. Most files I have here will not load I get an error about it not being an autocad200 format. I normaly use V14 dxf and it is 99.99% compatible with everything I try except this one.

When a dxf does load the image is distorted in one one of the axis. When the toolpath creates it is WRONG, Most of the elements are in the wrong place.

You cannot rename a layer.

It does not seem to understand the order of operations that you create. There is no list to see them or change them.

Like I said , long way to go to be usefull.

(;-) TP

Re: UCcnc CAM

While it's nice to have one package to do everything, the fact is that there are many free options avaialable with a lot more power.
    Spend the time on getting the control finished, and add the "Accessories" later.

If I were to do a custom UCCNC screen, I'd probably leave this part out.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    While it's nice to have one package to do everything, the fact is that there are many free options avaialable with a lot more power.
    Spend the time on getting the control finished, and add the "Accessories" later.

I agree with you, I do not see this CAM as a priority. THink CNCdrive should put all the effort in making the CNC trajectories and a good user interface
    etc. as they did.
    There are many prof. and none professional Cams with special features out there that attend all needs perfectly well.

Dear Sir,
    I have seen some posts about the screensets in UCcnc where can we get new screensets for Uccnc ?

Do you know any in German language to download ?

Best regards
    MfG Günter

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post

UCCNC is NEW to custom screensets. For the time being I would stick to a stock screenset until they get a few more features working as teh screensets COULD change quite a bit and by using a custom screen you would not have access to newer features that were added on.

I personally am holding off releasing ANY custom screensets to the public at this time. NOW can you build a nice screen??? . OH MY YES . You can make it look like ANYTHING you can imagine. BUT at this point user SUPPORT of it would be very time consuming for a screen developer because of all teh upcoming changes.

Just a thought, (;-) TP