586,013 active members*
3,857 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Spindle not working

Milltronics Spindle not working

Hi
    I have Milltronics machining center with centurion v5. The spindle is not working. no error message. spindle motor is ok. frequency converter is also ok. I think some parameters went wrong.
    Please help me

Re: Milltronics Spindle not working

Re-load back-up parameters from the disk. Contact Milltronics service if you don't have one.

Make sure the Spindle Over-Ride isn't turned down to zero. Check the switch AND the display, switches do go bad.

Make sure that the drawbar isn't activated.

Type in M19 at the MDI screen, does the spindle turn to orient position?

Type in S1000 M3 at the MDI screen. Look at the display to see that the RPM is correct and it shows CW.

Measure the analog voltage between MISC13 and ground.

If this machine has a CSM drive, check the drive relays to make sure they are pulled in for the gear range you are in.

This is what I can think of quick without looking at the wiring diagram.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate you.
    Yes the display shows everything OK. rpm 10000 and also show CW and CCW when i command for M03 or M04 but the actually spindle does not start. Please tell me if there is any problem with parameters? can you send backup of parameters?
    Also i want to tell you that a frequency converter of "PRECISION" company is attached with the spindle. It also does not start with the spindle start command. It shows just "000.0". I checked the converter but its ok. Its starts by self check. I give some volts direct to inverter and it starts the spindle saparatly but spindle does not start with the command. It also does not orient with M19. No rotation with M19 also

Thanks
    Muhammad Asif

Re-load back-up parameters from the disk. Contact Milltronics service if you don't have one. They can usually make the files available on-line for you to re-create the parameters disk.

I'm not familiar with the PRECISION brand of spindle drive. I would expect that the 000.0 on the display is the frequency that comes from the analog signal at MISC13.
    When you give it the S1000 M3 command, is the control outputting the analog and the run command?

Thanks for your guidance. I checked the wires and found that MISC13 wire was break i plugged it and the spindle is ON now. Thanks