585,665 active members*
3,166 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Skyko Pixie P100 search for users opinion
Page 1 of 3 123

Skyko Pixie P100 search for users opinion

Hello,

I having a big professional servo drived (with tacho's) cnc router.
    It is a profi machine and i will have an good analog +10/-10 driver for it.

I first come out by Rutex, but these guys stand still in time.
    The new drive is not comming up on the market. And de old analog drive is out of the order list.

So i'm searching for a alternative.

I came out by Skyko Technologies.

But i don't know this company, and i am searching for users from these Skyko drivers.

How do they work? Is it a good drive?
    Wat are the users thougths about this drive?

Are these drives olso good for a great cnc router with .01mm repositioning precision?

Thanks!
    Harmen.

The P100 isn't a servo drive. It just converts step and direction to +-10V
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thats what i'm saying ;-)

But my english is not so good. So maybe you understand me wrong.

Ik do have 3 Seidel servo amplifiers that uses the analog signal (+-10 volt).

So i'm searching for 3 drives like the Rutex R2040, ore Skyko.
    Rutex is standing still in time. So i'm whant to know more aboud Skyko drives.

I'm searching for people who use this Pixie P100 Drive from Skyko Technologies.
    And i'm searching for user thoughts aboud this Pixie P100 Analog drive.

Are there no Skyko users on this bord???

Hi Harmen,

As Ger21 said the Skyo is not a drive but a converter that takes the step and direction from a pc controller like Mach3 and converts it into the voltage you need for your drives to work. You can use your present drives, motors but you will need Skypo and Mach3, or something like it to make it work.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Yes, and just like i sead to Ger21, i know how it works.

I shell give it another name, so it is'nt a driver. Ok then.
    It's a step/dir to analog signal output divice.

(My system wil be as follow:
    PC with DeskCNC
    DeskCNC controller --->>> Skyko P100
    Skyko P100 --->>> Seidel Servo Amplifier.)

Do anybody uses the same combination?
    But then maybe with other servo amplifiers.
    It goos about the Pixie P100 converters.

I've heard good things about them from a few using them, both here and on the Mach3 Yahoo group. Never used them, but haven't heard of any problems at all.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ger,

Thanks for your replay!

It is good to know there are no bad things aboud these converters.

I will order some one this days.
    I will post my oppinions aboud these converters as soon as i have my system up and running.

Thanks!

Is here someone who knows what happend with the Pixie company ?
    We try to order something but never get answer.
    Leo

Hello Leo!

It feels good, youre olso be a user on this forum!

So you olso have problems with contacting Skyko?

I now have contact for a copple of days with Jeffrey Kerr from www.picserco.com, the pic-servo sc is cappable of putting out a digital +/-10 volt signal for our seidel amplifiers. I just have to convert this signal with a standard op-amp of 0.70 euro cents tot an analog +/-10volt signal.

This PIC is also cappable to work with step/dir signals from my host computer.

So i asked Jeffrey if he will send me a PIC for experimental use.
    I then want to try to build my own step/dir tot analog +/-10volt converter.

Cheers!

Harmen.

Hi Leo and Harmen,

I am sorry if you have had problems getting in touch with me. I have been quite busy on a big project recently and perhaps did not see your emails as promptly as I should have. Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business. Please note also that if you are ordering outside of the USA it will take extra communication to arrange payment, shipping costs, etc. This is a board I designed for the hobbyist market and I am not making a huge profit per board or shipping large volume. Even so, I still try and help each person with tuning their system and debugging problems.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies

Pixie boards

Thanks for your reaction.
    Leo

Richard,

Like Leo, Thanks for your reaction.

Now were in touche again, de ordering is going to get all right!

Thank!

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Hi Leo and Harmen,

I am sorry if you have had problems getting in touch with me. I have been quite busy on a big project recently and perhaps did not see your emails as promptly as I should have. Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business. Please note also that if you are ordering outside of the USA it will take extra communication to arrange payment, shipping costs, etc. This is a board I designed for the hobbyist market and I am not making a huge profit per board or shipping large volume. Even so, I still try and help each person with tuning their system and debugging problems.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies
    Hi Richard,

I'm curious if you have an idea why this has not taken off for you better than it has? Is it because of the lack of knowledge about the motors it was intended to allow diy guys to use and they are just afraid, or are the motors still too expensive? This is something I would love to try, but with Mach software being in a constant state of change I don't know which direction to go. Art is working on a Delta Tau plugin and the newest version of Mach called Quantum . I'm personally a little confused as to which way to go.

How do I go about looking for the proper motors? Just like I would for steppers or brushed servos, other than the fact that the amps needs to be matched and probably come with the motors?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi Mike,

I think the Pixie P100 fills a small need in the cnc hobbyist world and as such is worthy product. Since you will have guys using other motion devices (steppers, or servos with a drive like the Gecko) not everyone has a need for the Pixie. Also, it could be the fact that I have done very little advertising. I have made a few posts on cnczone and a couple on CCED and that is it. Anyway, I am happy to see those that do use them have a good experience.

I have found hands down the best source of motors and amplifiers to be ebay - if you know what you are bidding on. That surplus center deal on the Sanyo motors was also nice, but those don't come around so often (I only bought 6 of the 1kw motors)

Rick

Hello Rick,
    I have a Mazak H20, with Fanuc 6MB control, and I want to retrofit it with Mach3 and pixies. It's 4 axis, and I believe that the motors are M20 for X,Y,Z and M10 for B, DC yellow cap.
    I want to know how you wire your Fanuc servo amp. in your shizouka, because I believe that it will be the same for my mazak ( since the control is the same).
    I am doing my research, also I am reading a lot, but I still don't get it on how to conect the encoders, servo motor resolvers, servo amp. with the pixie in order to close the loop.
    I know that I will need to add encoders in all my axis, but I want to know what kind of encoders are the correct ones for pixies.
    Also can I use the pixie for the spindle drive? Its a Mitsubishi DL-SBZ, I do not now the brand of the motor, I only know that it's 20HP.

Thank You,

Jorge Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies
    I have been trying to contact Skyko for about a week now with no response. I tried the above email as well as the order email on the web site, also the forum on the their web site. I hope everything is OK, I just have a couple of questions before I order 3 Pixie-100s.

Vince

I got a response from them about a week ago saying they were low on stock and it would be 3 weeks before new boards arrived. Wait another two weeks and they will probably be back up and running.

P100's/Rutex Analog Converter

I too have been trying to get hold of Skyko.

Emails to [email protected] just bounce back, i'd like to try two of these boards or similar.

Does anybody know of an alternative other than Rutex as that doesn't seem to be available either.

Dave

Guys,

Just read back in this topic.
    Richard Everett promised us to let us know when he has the Pixie boards back in stock.

He ore i will let u guys know when this is.

www.picservo.com olso dilivers the servo-sc pic. Inside this pic there is a step/dir converter. The very big plus point is, that there is even a PID algorithm driver to tune your motors. BUT you have to build the circuit on your own.

Greetings,
    Harmen Kip.
    (The Netherlands)

Page 1 of 3 123