584,826 active members*
5,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Skyko Pixie P100 search for users opinion
Page 2 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmpy35 View Post
    www.picservo.com olso dilivers the servo-sc pic. Inside this pic there is a step/dir converter. The very big plus point is, that there is even a PID algorithm driver to tune your motors. BUT you have to build the circuit on your own.

Greetings,
    Harmen Kip.
    (The Netherlands)
    The Pic servo only goes to 48V and 3A. My motors are 143V and 24A.

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by N4NV View Post
    The Pic servo only goes to 48V and 3A. My motors are 143V and 24A.

Vince

Take a good look over the site!

You can order the PIC lose, so you can build your own circuit arround the PIC.

It's a pritty clever microcontroller.

Take a good look over the site!

You can order the PIC lose, so you can build your own circuit arround the PIC.

It's a pritty clever microcontroller.
    Unfortunately, I am not so clever! I'm a plug and pray type of guy.

Vince

Vince,

Thats to bad

Maybe you can find a scematics on this forum.
    So maybe that you then can build a board for your own.

Else,
    You have to wait for the Skyko's.
    I assume you do have already the amplifiers?

I assume you do have already the amplifiers?
    Yes. And I will have to wait for Skyko.

Vince

Then we are on the same line :P

I'm in the same stadium. And Rutex is sleaping for several years now.

I hooked up my machine to a MEI card for 4 axis interpolated motion now.

We keep on waiting...

Richard at Skyko, check your email account

I received a message from Richard at Skyko that he had just got back from vacation. I tried to reply to his email several times and I keep getting the bounce message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at coolhost77.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
    Sorry, I couldn't find any host named theEveretts.com. (#5.1.2)

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: (qmail 25157 invoked by uid 503); 16 Feb 2007 03:59:32 -0000
    Delivered-To: [email protected]
    Received: (qmail 29635 invoked by uid 503); 16 Feb 2007 03:59:31 -0000
    Received: from unknown (HELO flyingcritters.com) (69.36.162.76)
    by coolhost77.com with SMTP; 16 Feb 2007 03:59:31 -0000
    Received: from vincesdesktop (adsl-216-103-80-211.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net [216.103.80.211])
    by flyingcritters.com (8.12.11.20060308/8.12.11) with ESMTP id l1G3xT8J004515
    for <[email protected]>; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:59:29 -0700
    To: "admin" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Pixie
    Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:00:04 -0800
    Message-ID: <00e701c7517e$f182d180$6600a8c0@vincesdesktop>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="windows-1250"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
    Thread-Index: AcdRfvCB24O1P/FISU+IGMrS4lz0Rw==

Are the pixies ready to sell yet ??? I have been in skyko web page, but there is no new information.

Quote Originally Posted by maquiza View Post
    Are the pixies ready to sell yet ??? I have been in skyko web page, but there is no new information.
    From the last message I received from Rick, I am expecting my Pixie to ship some time this week. I will post when I receive word.

Vince

My Pixiw 100 boards shipped today. I should have them by the end of next week.

Vince

Hi Guys,

I just received the new Pixie P100 boards from the pick and place company (who does great work btw!...I have hand soldered several of these boards before and it is NOT fun). They are testing out great and I have plenty in stock now. Sorry for the long wait, next time I will try and order more before I get too low.

Thanks,

Rick

Pixie 100

I received three Pixie 100 boards and hooked them up to my Servo Dynamics drives. I am able to rapid all the axis at the same time at 200 ipm smooth as glass. I could probably go to 300 ipm, but the mill is still up on 4x4 blocks waiting for a move. They saved me about $400 over replacing the SD drives with a step and direction drive.

Vince

Okay!

That sounds like music to me!

What encoders do you use?

Okay!

That sounds like music to me!

What encoders do you use?
    It is a Heidenhain ERO.
    The encoder is marked:
    ERO 120 500 F10
    iDNr 220 155 10 sNr 1551729.

Vince

I posted this on another thread, but it has merrit here about Pixie drives:

I have been getting more into the controls now that the machine is running well. The Pixie cards can all be wired together so that when one faults, they all fault. I decided to wire them this way for safety. For instance if the Z axis faulted when it was supposed to retract, the X or Y axis could crash the tool. The Pixies can also be wired so that when you reset one, they all reset. I did that as well. I mounted a lighted switch on the control panel so that when a drive faulted, the switch would light up. Pressing the switch would reset the drives. I needed some way of having the Pixie light up the switch. I found the solution at http://www.cncbuildingblocks.com They have a 8 relay board that will take a TTL signal and control a relay. In addition to the Pixie being able to fault each other, any of the fault signals can also supply a TTL signal at the same time. The relay board arrived yesterday and I wired it up like the manual said and it worked the first time. My lighted switch had a 120V light so that is why I needed the relay.

After playing around with it, I found that I had another problem. If the servo drives are enabled and the Pixie’s are faulted, the motors will creep. I thought about it over night and when I woke up this morning I had the answer. If the Pixie TTL output could drive a second relay, I could use that to tie into my EPO circuit which disables the servo drives. It also has the added benefit of shutting down the VFD that is driving the spindle.

After work tonight I wired in another relay to the Pixie fault output and tied that relay through the EPO wiring. It all worked. Now if a Pixie faults, it shuts down the spindle, servo drives and lights up the switch.

Vince

The Pixie *does* have an enable output to the servo amplifier that can be configured active high or active low. When the Pixie faults it will toggle this enable line to disable the amplifier (assuming your amplifier has a ttl enable/disable input).

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    The Pixie *does* have an enable output to the servo amplifier that can be configured active high or active low. When the Pixie faults it will toggle this enable line to disable the amplifier (assuming your amplifier has a ttl enable/disable input).
    Unfortunately, my servo drives require grounding a 15V signal to enable/disable the drive, no TTL signal.

Vince

I have found hands down the best source of motors and amplifiers to be ebay - if you know what you are bidding on. That surplus center deal on the Sanyo motors was also nice, but those don't come around so often (I only bought 6 of the 1kw motors)

Rick
    Did you get the Brushless motors to run? If so do you mind telling us what you are using. I bought some of the same 1Kw motors thinking I would use the Rutex 2030 drives, but I am waiting to see if they are going to stay in business or not. I currently have DC servos working with the Rutex 992H drive and am content with there operation.
    Larry

Rutex can work with Mach3?

I try to contact with skyko for pixie p100 but I can't. I saw Rutex's R991H High speed servo motor drive - analog output. Is it compatible with mach3? I have sanyodenki drive waiting for retrofit.

I have been trying for several weeks to contact Skyko but all my emails get bounced back. I received my Pixies (which are beautiful) but I was after a wiring diagram.

On the other hand, you have to give the guy a break. This is a sideline that he really does not make any money on, but, just does it as a service to the CNC community. I'm sure that after he gets whatever he is working on resolved, that he will join us again and Pixies will flow once more. Patience is a virtue.

Page 2 of 3 123