585,705 active members*
4,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Skyko Pixie P100 search for users opinion
Page 3 of 3 123
    Sorry, but after a lot of patience and 6 month later i still don't get any contact with Skyko. I now orderd 4 DeskCNC servodrives.

I even e-maild Skyko with this problem.

They can lurn a bit of this lack on communication.
    A good company and service starts with good communication.

I still have three Kollmorgan Seidel amplifiers of 10 amp eatch.
    Anyone interested?

Greetings from the Netherlands

Have anyone here used Vitalsystem

Anybody involve with DSPMC/IP - Ethernet Motion Controller .
    i think It's very interesting card. There are 8axis and PLC on board.

Quote Originally Posted by N4NV View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but it has merrit here about Pixie drives:

I have been getting more into the controls now that the machine is running well. The Pixie cards can all be wired together so that when one faults, they all fault. I decided to wire them this way for safety. For instance if the Z axis faulted when it was supposed to retract, the X or Y axis could crash the tool. The Pixies can also be wired so that when you reset one, they all reset. I did that as well. I mounted a lighted switch on the control panel so that when a drive faulted, the switch would light up. Pressing the switch would reset the drives. I needed some way of having the Pixie light up the switch. I found the solution at http://www.cncbuildingblocks.com They have a 8 relay board that will take a TTL signal and control a relay. In addition to the Pixie being able to fault each other, any of the fault signals can also supply a TTL signal at the same time. The relay board arrived yesterday and I wired it up like the manual said and it worked the first time. My lighted switch had a 120V light so that is why I needed the relay.

After playing around with it, I found that I had another problem. If the servo drives are enabled and the Pixie’s are faulted, the motors will creep. I thought about it over night and when I woke up this morning I had the answer. If the Pixie TTL output could drive a second relay, I could use that to tie into my EPO circuit which disables the servo drives. It also has the added benefit of shutting down the VFD that is driving the spindle.

After work tonight I wired in another relay to the Pixie fault output and tied that relay through the EPO wiring. It all worked. Now if a Pixie faults, it shuts down the spindle, servo drives and lights up the switch.

Vince
    Thanks for the information Vince! This is what I have been 'googling' for the last couple of days...

I'm hopping skyko is still alive. I want to order 4 of those things. my CNC project is on hold until I can get'm

I sent an email but never got a response. SkyKo you still kicken?

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep07 View Post
    I'm hopping skyko is still alive.
    They are still alive, I orderd 3 off the website and got them in 2 weeks. He has a user forum on the SkyKo website http://www.skyko.com/ for support too.

Hi, yes, I am still alive.

I thought I had answered all emails up to date...maybe yours got lost in spam.

I don't think I am going to do another run of Pixie boards. I have enough stock to support existing customer needs (boards for replacement and boards for those who ordered just 1 in the past for evaluation and now need 2 or 3 more). I have some contract work that is taking up most of my time now and actually making me money (sad that the only sure way to make money in small time manufacturing is to design it for someone else to sell).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Hi, yes, I am still alive.

(sad that the only sure way to make money in small time manufacturing is to design it for someone else to sell).
    Just increase your price 10 bucks a board then, these pixies are a great solution for exsisting amplifiers and servos. I would hate to see you stop all together.

You be able to find to help with the support side of things here on the Zone.

This is very disappointing that no more are available. I have no idea how to run my AMC controllers now. I will even pay more/board to get 3 here.

Pixies

Hi All

I have 3 to sell they would not work with my application

$150.00 plus shipping

\
    Doug S

Doug,

I'll buy them!!! Send me an email at joel @ jhchoppers . com

Thanks,
    Joel

Page 3 of 3 123