585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas door hold override(setting 51) locked out

Haas door hold override(setting 51) locked out

Here's the back story. We had a Haas SL10(2008 model) lose its memory and lost all parameters. The company had no backup of the parameters, so we had a service tech come in to restore the parameters. They are legally bound to lock out any door overrides now through parameters. So, of course Setting 51 no longer works.

We have a job that requires the operator to hold a part as the tailstock advances and clamps up between centers(face driver). The tailstock will no longer advance with the door open. There is also no setup mode on this model.

Can anyone that knows, PM me if you like, provide me with the parameter that locks out or disregards Setting 51?

Re: Haas door hold override(setting 51) locked out

Can you fool the door's proximity switch with a piece of metal or a magnet? See the picture below.

I wouldn't expect a way to manipulate it through the software. They've probably modified the machine's operating system with something similar to how the CNCs were programmed before the door locks were added. On those machines, setting 51 was still present but it didn't actually control anything, and the machine had restrictions on running with door open and the spindle RPM was limited to like 250 on the lathes. You could bypass the RPM limitation in the parameters, but setting 51 still didn't work, and the M codes for things like chip conveyors were still disabled (I would assume the tailstock would be in the same disabled category). I don't know for certain though since my SL10 is older like yours..

Software is the same, and the service tech told me there is a way to set it back, but legally he can't say. That doesn't change the fact that the machine was purchased in 2008 before those rules existed.
    I currently have the door prox fooled to continue with production, but an osha visit would soon end that.

go into settings, turn off parameter lock, go into parameters, type 209, hit down arrow, change door value.

Quote Originally Posted by djr76 View Post
    go into settings, turn off parameter lock, go into parameters, type 209, hit down arrow, change door value.
    Thanks for the reply, but that still didn't work.