585,883 active members*
5,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fagor 8020P error messages

The machine is a Titan punch press and is around 20 years old, still works well but we have limited documentation and the only person with any in depth knowledge has been off sick for months.
    It is running now but there is a problem uploading certain programmes, we get 'error 105' but the programme in question appears to be ok when comparing to successfully uploaded ones.
    Any suggestions/ideas please?

Re: Fagor 8020P error messages

Howdy,

I see its been a month, but I thought I'd answer up. Hopefully, you're gotten going by now.

Anyway, Error 105 is a PITA error code. According to the F8025 manual:

105 This error comes up in the following cases:
    -> A comment has more than 43 characters.
    -> A program has been defined with more than 5 characters.
    -> A block number has more than 4 characters.
    -> Strange characters in memory.

In practical use, I've found this error occurs when:

1. Your block numbers are not sequential (lowest to highest in order),
    2. A comment section has a non-typical character....It does not like special punctuation, or odd characters. (For example: #, @, ><, +, etc. etc.)
    3. The program number does not match the very 1st line of code, which much be the program number...The exact same number.
    4. Sometimes I never do figure out what it was, I just delete a line of code and re-write it....and it works!?!? Some strange character gets in the code, but you can't see it, but it's there, and the machine pukes!!!

If you haven't figured it out yet, post a copy of the code and I might be able to see what is causing the error.

Good luck.
    Todd