585,914 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Need Help old Hurco Ultimax II

Need Help old Hurco Ultimax II

ok I have a client with an old Hurco Ultimax II. The machine powers up fine. always able to calibrate (home) the machine. all tool changer movments work in diagnostic mode.
    now the problem
    when i set tool in spindle to any other number it stays 6 and does not change.
    when i restart the machine it sometimes moves in with the jog buttons and sometimes it does not move.
    changing the program parameters sometimes works and sometimes it just does not accept the new entries.
    weirdest thing is when i try to setup tools i dont get the tool setup screen, instead the whole right screen blanks out and after a second or two I get a flashing cursor on the left bottom of the left monitor.

Re: Need Help old Hurco Ultimax II

I would look at your memory board and see if you have any Dallas Memory chips.

If you do - they are well past the date they should have failed, and what is happening is as you make changes these changes are not being stored properly anymore.

Now i replaced them with new DS1230Y-150 chips as mentioned in another post. The machine was booting up right except when changing tools or wanting to make a new programm it hang up on me.After replacing the chips the machine just boots into a flashing cursor on the bottom left side of my left monitor.Going back to the old chips it did nt work either. Now I am stuck with the flashing cursor in both cases old and new chips. Someone mentioned the flashing cursor in a post so i believe there is a solution for this?

Look at the proximity switches on top of the tool changer. My Hurco did strange stuff when I got some steel chips on top of the tool changer.

Just a thought.

Steve