585,949 active members*
4,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Help ID 10 pin connect in card cabinet

Help ID 10 pin connect in card cabinet

I am attempting to get a VH65 set up on my 3016. I had a technician install the Axis Amp and the axis controller when we tried to start the machine I was having a variety of different errors. In an attempt to verify that all card and software were compatible, I was removing the cards writing down all numbers and any software ID etc. I discovered the 1010-4 had been installed in the wrong slot. BUT. I also found a 10 pin connector that was not attached to anything it was simply lying in the bottom of the cabinet. If it helps the wires are blk, grn, blk, yel, blk, org, blk, red, blk, brn. I am concerned that perhaps it came disconnected while the tech was in the cabinet. I took a picture before I started removing cards and I can see it lying in the image so it was not connected when I started the data gathering. The 10 conductors are shielded in a grey sleeve that runs up the left hand side of the cabinet and out the top near the blue light. It may never have been attached but I would like to know its purpose.

Re: Help ID 10 pin connect in card cabinet

I've got a 10 pin connector like you describe in the back left corner of my 3016. not connected to anything. It is zip tied up close to the wiring harness as if it was not meant to be hooked up.I have a VH65 so its not related to that.

Re: Help ID 10 pin connect in card cabinet

Most of the 'new' 4 axis kits don't use the pre-wired harnesses. It is probably the pre wired harness. Follow the wire and you should be able to find the label.