585,888 active members*
3,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Fanuc 0M-B Ladder File

Hi all. I have a 1989 Kitamura Mycenter 2 . My EEPROMS have gone bad giving me a parity error. Uptime Electronics has been super helpful and got me a new set of chips and a ladder from a Mycenter 3, and now I can jog the machine, but thats it. I need a ladder file for my exact machine. Kitamura wants more than what I paid for the machine just for the chips loaded with the files. Anyone? Im desperate to get this machine back up.

Re: Need Fanuc 0M-B Ladder File

I'm also curious about this......was wondering how to edit the ladder on that control.

For programming Ladder ROM chip for systems Fs0-A,B,C can use DOS application FAPT LADDER II.

What type of cable? Where exactly do you plug in? Or does the chip have to be removed?

I just ordered B-55193E programming manual PC-K/L/M from Fanuc but won't have it till next week.....anyone have a digital copy they could kindly send my way?

Maybe this is a silly question but is it possible to have a macro change something in the PMC? Can't I run a macro that would make F128.3 a 1? I don't know anything about macros much less writing one but is that even a possibility?

With macro executor possible to do plenty, of but with C-executor can do nearly all. ;-)
    In your system are used yellow cassette ROM for macro-executor?

yes, that is correct a yellow box that says custom macro. I also have macro B option if that helps.

The option Macro-B is supported by Base software but modules of the yellow box contains the user modules (machine builder).

I can't seem to find anything about the yellow box as far as documentation. I'll check out the link.

The link has nothing to do with this as far as I can tell.

So after a number of days reading about this issue it looks like the only way to fix this issue is to alter the ladder file. From what I can tell I would need to pull the OE1 and OE2 chips (they are D27C256AD-15) , plug them into an eprom reader/writer, upload the file, de-compile file with fladder ii (or maybe only fladder?) , make edits, compile, burn new chips, install......sounds easy but.....Has anyone actually done this with a 0M-B with PMC Type L, CNC Type FO-B, R-Area R620-699.

I got my hands on a Fanuc FA Writer and Fladder software from a local company. They are lending me the equipment but I'm in need of some guidance on how to go about reading ladder chips and making edits. I did purchase the pmc manual from Fanuc but need to get the ladder onto the laptop. I dug out an old windows XP laptop and was hoping it would run the software but it does not see the reader/writer for some reason.

Riley, I just had uptime come out and rewrite my entire ladder onto fresh chips since I had a written ladder and my old one was corrupt. Any local fanuc tech should be able to come out and make any modifications to the ladder that you need. I have an OMB Type L as well, but I had them convert to type M since I have the board already, long story. It would be easier to have someone come out over trying to learn how to program in FAPT or Fladder. I was working towards an EE degree years ago, can Write C++ and a few PLC languages, and I didnt even want to give this a go, even though im broke Id rather pay someone who can do it fast and do it right!!!

Well, i'm getting closer to doing just that. I've tried a number of combinations and found that a windows xp virtual inside a windows 7 machine runs the fladder without the garbled screen. I can navigate all screens and exit with no errors but the i/o is having issues, won't connect with com1. Have been pouring through posts and manuals trying anything I can find and have had no luck. Wondering if the problem is that the virtual is not capturing the com port. Anyone have an idea what to check?

"PORT INITIALIZE ERROR" is what comes up

The issue is virtual machine. Virtual. No hardware. Com1 is just a dummy port in the software. You need some sort of com tunnel From VM to actual com. Did you try running in compatibility mode?

Quote Originally Posted by riley1540 View Post
    Well, i'm getting closer to doing just that. I've tried a number of combinations and found that a windows xp virtual inside a windows 7 machine runs the fladder without the garbled screen. I can navigate all screens and exit with no errors but the i/o is having issues, won't connect with com1. Have been pouring through posts and manuals trying anything I can find and have had no luck. Wondering if the problem is that the virtual is not capturing the com port. Anyone have an idea what to check?

I tried that but it complains about the computer being 64 bit and won't start fladder.

i would like to just take a minute to thank everyone that helped me out with helpful input on this 4th axis install. Just burned a set of Rom chips installed and tested everything out.....works perfectly! And I can absolutely confirm that a Fanuc 0M-B CAN and WILL perform 4 axis simultaneous moves. The biggest trouble was getting a compatible PC to run the fladder correctly. Worked well on an old IBM aptiva with only DOS 6.0 installed. Fladder software is a tad bit clumsy but fairly easy to navigate once you poke around in it for an hour or so.