585,722 active members*
3,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Predator Editor

I need a little assistance working out a few bugs in predator. Attached is a simple program to illustrate my problems.

Problem 1, when the backplot starts it shows a gouge in the top of my part, which does not actually occur in simulation or at the machine.

Problem 2, Editor isn't reading G41 and backplots this as a toolpath which is not representative of the what actually occur in simulation or at the machine.

I think these problems are in either predator setup or posting of the code, but I am not familiar enough with predator to figure it out by myself.
    I am running V27 build 1547 posting to a Haas VF-2

Re: Predator Editor

Doesn`t look to be anything wrong with what Predator is doing, if it shows a gouge then that is where the code is telling it to go to relative to the stock dimensions/position in the header, probably doesn`t happen at the machine because you are setting the Z0 at a plus value. The code does show the cutter plunging at Y-0.225 and the edge of the stock is Y-0.375 so that`s saying the cutter is plunging into the stock !

As far as the G41 is concerned Predator can`t read that, a G41 is for the machine to read and offset the cutter, not Predator, to simulate correctly in Predator you should set the Left/Right Offset in order for the code to be generated as if the machine control had done a G41 offset.
    Bit odd I know but that`s how it works

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Re: Predator Editor

Rob, Thanks for the reply. Concerning G41, I wondered if this wasn't the case, but was hoping there was a fix.

On problem 1, I agree that the cutter is plunging at Y-.225, but it is also at X2.75 which is .75 off the stock using a 1/2" end mill. As per the screen captured video file it looks as if the cutter is making a Z move to 0 before it is making the X2.75 move. I have looked at the code and it looks fine to me, unless it is in the stock header which I am a lot less familiar with. Thanks again for your help.