586,005 active members*
5,249 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Miyano BNC 34 Fanuc 3T

Like the thread says, I recently acquired a nice little Miyano BNC34 CNC Lathe
    It has a Fanuc 3T Control. This is my first CNC lathe. I currently own a 1993 HAAS VF0, which I just got up and running as well.

I have a limited back ground with CNC machinery, mainly 2D using a Laser and Rotary Engraver. So I have a little understanding of how to design a part and create a tool lathe. I however have never programmed G-Code or anything. I can fumble around the Fanuc Controller a little bit.

1. I have power to the machine currently. Manual says 220v +10% -15%
    I am running off a 7.5HP RPC L1-240 L2-242 L3-250

2. Started the lathe, went to MDI did S100, M3 and for the spindle to run. Did T5 and did a tool change. Went to Job mode and used the buttons to move the Axis's
    -but when I go to use the handle to jog and watch the POS screen I am getting movement, but it appears the axis are not moving?

Anyways I am located out here in Socal (Hemet) Just curious if there are any members semi-close by that would be willing to come out and help me get the machine dialed in and teach me some basics. PM and we can talk......

I have all the Manuals for the Machine as well as all the Fanuc Manuals as well, been reading and still confused LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riseandgrind View Post
    Like the thread says, I recently acquired a nice little Miyano BNC34 CNC Lathe
    It has a Fanuc 3T Control. This is my first CNC lathe. I currently own a 1993 HAAS VF0, which I just got up and running as well.

I have a limited back ground with CNC machinery, mainly 2D using a Laser and Rotary Engraver. So I have a little understanding of how to design a part and create a tool lathe. I however have never programmed G-Code or anything. I can fumble around the Fanuc Controller a little bit.

1. I have power to the machine currently. Manual says 220v +10% -15%
    I am running off a 7.5HP RPC L1-240 L2-242 L3-250

2. Started the lathe, went to MDI did S100, M3 and for the spindle to run. Did T5 and did a tool change. Went to Job mode and used the buttons to move the Axis's
    -but when I go to use the handle to jog and watch the POS screen I am getting movement, but it appears the axis are not moving?

Anyways I am located out here in Socal (Hemet) Just curious if there are any members semi-close by that would be willing to come out and help me get the machine dialed in and teach me some basics. PM and we can talk......

I have all the Manuals for the Machine as well as all the Fanuc Manuals as well, been reading and still confused LOL

Thanks
    Sounds as an axes interlock generated by a condition is not closed

Re: Miyano BNC 34 Fanuc 3T

Ever solve this problem? I recently bought the exact same machine up here in Washington. The only electrical problem I had was a contactor in the servo drive that wouldn't stick, I cycled it about 10 times and the machine came to life.

Anyway, As far as I know the Pulse handle only moved in .0001" increments. So watching the machine its unlikely you'll be able to see it move. Throw a dial indicator on it and see if it actually moves. If you aren't get movement, you either have SOO Much backlash in the ball screws your not overcoming it, or your controller has a very big problem that would probably cost more to fix, then the machine is worth.