585,735 active members*
4,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: hummnnnnn

hummnnnnn

so i am getting a little more comfortable with my machine and have been upping the gains

iirc its at 100-50-50 , but now there is a humm when the machine is stationary , the moment it moves it goes quiet ... anything to be concerned about ?

this is on the dyn2 kit

so far i can get real nice cuts at 6m/min in MDF with a 10mm bit at 10mm doc , corners are sharp and machine seams happy
    at the lower range doing engraving or v carve, the machine seems a little tight , or almost bouncy , making me think i should lower the gain ?

tuning recommendation

Re: hummnnnnn

lower the gain a touch

Re: hummnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ckrat View Post
    so i am getting a little more comfortable with my machine and have been upping the gains

iirc its at 100-50-50 , but now there is a humm when the machine is stationary , the moment it moves it goes quiet ... anything to be concerned about ?

this is on the dyn2 kit

so far i can get real nice cuts at 6m/min in MDF with a 10mm bit at 10mm doc , corners are sharp and machine seams happy
    at the lower range doing engraving or v carve, the machine seems a little tight , or almost bouncy , making me think i should lower the gain ?

tuning recommendation
    Your gain will depend on how much load the motor is pushing/stopping, you most likely don't need much over 65 38 14, a 100 sounds extreme, see if you can still get sharp corners at 65
    Mactec54