585,715 active members*
3,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Online Courses

Has Anyone Taken Any Online Courses For Programmin?
    If So, Was It Worth The Time & Money...
    I Can Do Some Programmin... Just Want To Expand My Knowledge & Maybe Learn Some Tricks & Tips.
    I Can Do Simple Drill & Tap Canned Cycles... But Calculating Arc Profiles , Arc Tangents , Etc. Is Where I Can Use Some Teaching...
    Can Anyone Suggest A Good Source To Learn Programming.

Thanks

Anyone ...

Try Here:
    http://www.universalclass.com/i/subjects/computers.htm
    There are several clesses by Mike Lynch.
    I took a parametric course from him 2 years ago. Learned a lot
    Insanity "doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
    Mark

www.mcoates.com

OK, this is self publicity but I published a book on cnc machines that covers both turning and machining centres and features both GE Fanuc and Siemens controls. It has some information on calculations together with tips etc. It costs about $18 + postage from the publisher www.lulu.com/bryanhurst it is called "The Journeyman's Guide to CNC Machines" ISBN 1-4116-9921-1. I use this book for training courses I run, any controller specific data can be added to the book (spaces are provided). It is not an on line course but as you have some knowledge you should be able to use the book OK.

CNC Programming Training

Maybe some interest :

(1) KipwareEDU - CNC Programming Training & Reference software uses in-depth text and 3D animations with voice to teach CNC programming & operation.

(2) Trig Kalculator software uses fill-in-the-blank forms to quickly calculate start point / end points / center points for intersecting lines as well as arc-line-arc intersecting points.

Additional info and demos at www.KentechInc.com

Thanks.

I use Mike Lynch's materials with my students. CNC Concepts is the name the company - see the link below.

http://www.cncci.com/

I'm taken parametrical programming course at the moment from myke Lynch.brilliant.very helpful. then try Mastertask.

I also took Mike Lynch's course on parametric programing. He has a course on CNC programing. What is Master Task?
    Bill

www.cncci.com myke lynch site with online classes its what the tech school here uses to teach basic programing very good.