585,768 active members*
4,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Controle Arm Replacement - Duratrax Max. MT

Controle Arm Replacement - Duratrax Max. MT

This is a direct replacement for the stress-tech plastic controle arms that came with my 1/10 scale MT. They're simply made of 6061 AL. Since the plastic parts tend to break in cold weather i thought it would be a good project. The Process consisted of milling rough blanks to size, making a fixture, programming in MasterCAM and 3 operations on a 3 axis Feeler machining center. The end result adds a few oz. to the truck's weight, but it's lower center of gravity should help. Any Criticism is appreciated.

Fixture

Nice work . I am in to rc truck and cars myself and slowing getting my machine setup in place . Would you mind posting a picture of the fixture you made to finish the part after you performed your initial roughing. just trying to learn .

Martin

i have got a 1/18th mini-t that I made replacement control arms for... ill get pics up later

Question

Hi Top!

I was wondering what machine are you using? and does it give you enough accuracy to make those kind of parts, some are very small with complex shapes. I was thinking of doing same but dont know which type of machine would be better...