Hi there, I have browsed this forum for a while now, albeit anonymously as a guest, and I have greatly benefited from the tips and advice that the users post here, however, I have now run into a problem that doesn't seem to have been addressed before.

I was hoping that someone here might have experience using Amada's Linea 5 cam software for producing nc's for laser cutters.

I have had limited training on the software and most of what I know now is a result of me reading through the entire digital manual and trying things out but I have run into a dead end now.

For months I have been happy importing dxf's and generating profiles with subroutines, macros and editing and exporting par files as txt nc's for Amada lasers, my problem is that now the software is generating a strange code, I have no idea what is prompting it to do this nor can I see how to disable it.

Right near the beginning of the auto generated nc, I get a line of code starting with a G140 instruction. A quick internet search tells me that this is an instruction for 3D rotation, which our laser would never use. Whenever I try to use any of the nc's with this line in, the laser stops on that line and will not continue the job.

I have managed to keep going by manually deleting this line, but after doing however many quotes a day and having to delete it each time is becoming a chore.

Does anyone know how to stop the software from generating this G140 instruction?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

EDIT: Ok. I found out what was going wrong, I thought I might post my solution here in case there is anyone else who encounters this problem, not likely, but knowledge is knowledge.

When you open the menu for generating the nc you will get two windows, one appearing after you click "OK" on the first. On this second window there is an option "Use OVS", if that check box is ticked, the program will generate the line starting with G140. Uncheck that box and you'll be good to go again.

If you haven't chosen this option manually, one reason for it seemingly switching it on by itself may be due to using the automated work plan editor (where you get the program to automatically lay out all of the parts on a sheet for you).

I hope this helps someone else who like me, was close to pulling their hair out.