586,005 active members*
4,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > HSM Miserable fail.

HSM Miserable fail.

Hi there..

Okay so i have this part i have cut many times, always been fine, recently i changed the position of the parts within the stock regenerated and now i have two parts with 3 pockets in each, pocketed in a single operation same settings, one parts fine, the other a each finishing pass seems to have ignore the internal boundary of the pocket on a single finishing pass on all three pockets on that part. As you can see in the pic below. the part is a copy and exactly the same as the other in same operation and it roughs around the boundary fine but ploughs straight through the oval studs in finishing pass.

Grr just cost me a £50 piece of hdpe. Admittedly i should have simulated the path first but never had this issue before. Tried saving as new part, closing opening original and the old nest with correct toolpath is there.. soon as i regenerate get the same issue,

£250 a month, should come with insurance against ruined stock from unexplainable cock ups payed for from autodesks hsm cock up contingency fund. This is the kinda stuff that could put a business under.

Okay so i remove the finishing passes and it removes the problem.. but i shouldnt have to do this surely? This is going to be cut in hdpe, no finishing passes is not really except-able.

LIke ive said other copy pockets with finishing passes same operation is fine. im currently on feed hold trying to work out how to get the rest of the pockets on this part right. so cant try deleting the part and recopying and if that is the answer does that mean the part has some how corrupted? doesnt explain why the other passes are fine tho.

Version Inventor hsm 2016 pro

Re: HSM Miserable fail.

so looks like i have to compromise i can either have finishing stepovers or finishing stepdowns not both. As of sometime between opening this file last and today :s just tried restarting inventor, same problem.

Wish the software forced me to simulate before post processing so i wouldnt be able to forget.

Try unchecking "keep tool down" on the op in question. I find that finishing passes like to have this problem.