584,849 active members*
4,466 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Awc 708c Lite controller display: '' beyond size.Continue?''

Awc 708c Lite controller display: '' beyond size.Continue?''

Hi,

I am new to this site and laser machines.Am not an ace of IT but i love the variety of things i can do with my machine.
    I am the owner of a 80 w laser engraver i bought from China with lasercad software.I have printed the test file which is suppose to be a cut and the first attachment is the result.To me it looks more like a deep engraving than a cut but....
    So i wanted to test my own design.i did a flower (black color to engrave) in a circle (red color to cut).the second attachment is the result.the flower looks ok but the circle didn't cut.it is deeper than an engraving but not cut.Tried the same thing on a piece of veneer (1/42'' thick piece of wood) and got the same result.
    So i decide to try just a cut.I draw a box and put it in red to be cut.Sent the design to the laser (picture 3),press start to print and i get the message BEYOND SIZE.CONTINUE? (picture 4)when i press on enter,the same message displays.
    Any idea what i can do to be able to cut?
    Another question.in the 3rd picture,in the top right of the design space,there is a blue dot,like a cursor.I see the same thing in the work space of LASERCAD.I was wondering what it is?

Thanks for your input

Re: Awc 708c Lite controller display: '' beyond size.Continue?''

Quote Originally Posted by koryned View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this site and laser machines.Am not an ace of IT but i love the variety of things i can do with my machine.
    I am the owner of a 80 w laser engraver i bought from China with lasercad software.I have printed the test file which is suppose to be a cut and the first attachment is the result.To me it looks more like a deep engraving than a cut but....
    So i wanted to test my own design.i did a flower (black color to engrave) in a circle (red color to cut).the second attachment is the result.the flower looks ok but the circle didn't cut.it is deeper than an engraving but not cut.Tried the same thing on a piece of veneer (1/42'' thick piece of wood) and got the same result.
    So i decide to try just a cut.I draw a box and put it in red to be cut.Sent the design to the laser (picture 3),press start to print and i get the message BEYOND SIZE.CONTINUE? (picture 4)when i press on enter,the same message displays.
    Any idea what i can do to be able to cut?
    Another question.in the 3rd picture,in the top right of the design space,there is a blue dot,like a cursor.I see the same thing in the work space of LASERCAD.I was wondering what it is?

Thanks for your input
    Try lowering the speed and see if that helps, looks like in picture 3 you did not set the origin.

It sounds to me like your mirrors/lens are out of alignment. Just Google search how to align them. The reason why some of your pattern does not appear at all would be the point the mirrors are out of alignment and the beam is no longer hitting the focal lens.

Hope that helps

Make sure your work space is set to the dimensions of your maximum table size, this is most easily done within the Options>System Options>Manufacturer Parameters. Input values into the "range" editable fields.

You can determine your limits by using the jog function of your controller interface right on the machine and taking the laser head out to its maximum X and maximum Y. You might first need to set your range to be greater than what the laser can physically do.

After you get your max sizes set, upload your art again and see if you get the same error.

Me to same problema nove origin point

I thought I'd chime in even though this thread is old and I was searching for the answer to this too. I have been using LaserCAD on AWC608 for about 4 years, but I just put in a new power supply and suddenly my origin was off. I re-downloaded the software, and went through all my machine settings... I take screenshots of these for future use because you never know when you'll have to input those all over again or double check they are still correct.

In the end it had nothing to do with the software. I found I had to re-input some initial settings at the control panel, namely the Origin Mode: soft origin - that reads the origin you have set in the software. Make sure you hit reset (home) your machine and download a new file to the machine before testing to see if it worked.
    If that's not it, some other things to check in the software are machine zero and page zero settings in "Work Space" Machine Zero is your home, my machine homes RIGHT UP. Page Zero will be LEFT DOWN.

I just started testing LightBurn software that is compatible with the AWC608 now. Whenever I have problems with LaserCAD, there is zero support online. Too bad, I have hundreds of files I need to re-import whenever I've switched software or control cards over the years. It would be nice to find chinese laser software with long-term support, upgrades, coherent manuals, and US repair resources.