585,759 active members*
3,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 Plasma Configuration

Hi,
    I am a coowner of a welding shop in Texas. I have a 5' x 10' plasma table that is the only one the company we bought it from has put together and sold. I have lost some of the configurations. We were not supplied with a backup and I need a little help. Any would be greatly appreciated. I have mach3 with thc301 and a thermal dynamics professional 120.

Re: Mach3 Plasma Configuration

The key is to findout what type of Breakout Baord and (maybe) the motor drivers. It might help if you still have the MACH3 running that was installed to know that MACH keeps backups of the "Profiles" (XML files with all of the settings) in a folder named appropriately "xmlbackups" under the main MACH folder. Everytime there is a change to the setup it saves it to the backups. That may be all you need to get it back running. Some people panic and wipe the system and do a fresh install and that dletes the backups. I guess I don't have to advise you when shopping for a CNC plasma table to do research. Just because they have a pretty website is not proof they will support their products or if you are the first customer to ever buy one! You can make a quick backup yourself just by copying the entire MACH33 folder. It sure can save a lot of misery if you loose a Harddrive or have a PC crash.

TOMcaudle
    Home

Re: Mach3 Plasma Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    The key is to findout what type of Breakout Baord and (maybe) the motor drivers. It might help if you still have the MACH3 running that was installed to know that MACH keeps backups of the "Profiles" (XML files with all of the settings) in a folder named appropriately "xmlbackups" under the main MACH folder. Everytime there is a change to the setup it saves it to the backups. That may be all you need to get it back running. Some people panic and wipe the system and do a fresh install and that dletes the backups. I guess I don't have to advise you when shopping for a CNC plasma table to do research. Just because they have a pretty website is not proof they will support their products or if you are the first customer to ever buy one! You can make a quick backup yourself just by copying the entire MACH33 folder. It sure can save a lot of misery if you loose a Harddrive or have a PC crash.

TOMcaudle
    Home
    Thanks for the reply. I got it back up and running friday afternoon. I had 4 settings set to the wrong port.