584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Cant export or save as G-code

Cant export or save as G-code

Hello im looking for some one local to Murrieta, CA if possible or we can use something like WebX. I want to cut some simple parts from carbon fiber plates about 1mm think. Simple shapes squares circles etc for an RC plane. I can draw the shapes but i cannot get the cam software to work so i can export or save it as G-code. I have cut parts using the Mach 3 mill software which is very simple, but not using TurboCad. I have TurboCad 19 Platinum with the cam plugin. I also paid IMSI design $75 an hour for a 1 hour personaly training session but the person helping me did not know how to save as gcode and has no experience with the cam software.

Thank you,

Jim

Re: Cant export or save as G-code

Saw your post today. I see that it's from quite a while ago. If you still need an answer... In the cam screen you will see your operations. Just right click on the one you want to save and a menu pops up with the choice to save it.

Hello thanks for your reply. I figured out how to save Gcode but have a new problem. Lets say i draw a 5mm x 5mm square when i cut it out it is smaller approx 3.8x3.8mm, basically 1.2mm smaller, which is the size of my tool. The tool follows the path down the middle on the cad line rather than offset to the inside or outside. Do you know how i change this?

Thanks Jim

I was having the same problem just today on a project. When you are in the Tool Store and you have chosen a tool, check the "Stepover, Rough, and Finish" settings. In my case, I set Stepover to 1/2 the diameter of the cutter, Rough to 0, and then what ever finish setting you want. That should fix your problem.

Bob

Thanks Bob i'll give that a try

Jim