584,846 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Need help!!! My cnc router z axis is not going up and down!

Need help!!! My cnc router z axis is not going up and down!

Dear all,

I am having a problem with chinese machine. Everything was working OK last time. When I power on the machine next morning, and when I pressed all axis home button in my dsp, it got stuck. After then when I cancel the operation and press z axis up and down button, nothing is working. z axis driver is also showing up a 710 alarm
    Please help ,me.

Re: Need help!!! My cnc router z axis is not going up and down!

What control software are you ruining, mach3? I've never heard of alarm 710....

If it were me I would first turn everything off. Shut down computer, power supplies...everything and then use a multimeter to check continuity of the Z-axis wires and connectors as well as any limit switches you may have. Also try and slowly turn the motor shaft by hand to make sure nothing is binding. But be sure to go slow so you don't back feed the driver with current.

If you don't find any problems there you can try swapping the Z-axis motor into the drive for another axis, like X or Y and see if the motor will turn. That should tell you whether its the motor or the drive.

Let us know what you find, good luck!

z axis driver is also showing up a 710 alarm
    This should tell you that there's a problem with your Z axis driver.
    Do you have a manual?
    Does the manufacturer offer support?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I do not have any manual. My manufacturer told me to restart my machine, I did that but nothing worked. Please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by RamzInnovations View Post
    What control software are you ruining, mach3? I've never heard of alarm 710....

If it were me I would first turn everything off. Shut down computer, power supplies...everything and then use a multimeter to check continuity of the Z-axis wires and connectors as well as any limit switches you may have. Also try and slowly turn the motor shaft by hand to make sure nothing is binding. But be sure to go slow so you don't back feed the driver with current.

If you don't find any problems there you can try swapping the Z-axis motor into the drive for another axis, like X or Y and see if the motor will turn. That should tell you whether its the motor or the drive.

Let us know what you find, good luck!
    dear, I am using dsp controller to run my machine. For more information, my limit switches are not working correctly for x and y axis as well

Unfortunately I don't have experience with dsp controllers...
    You say the limit switches aren't working correctly. Do you mean with the software or did you test them with a meter? Unlikely that more than one switch would malfunction at the same time, but it could be a wiring issue.

Ger21 probably has more knowledge pertaining to this than I do...so most likely a drive problem like he said.

The best i can do is suggest that you test the hardware (ie. Switches, wires, connectors etc..) using a multimeter. Then at least you can eliminate them as the source of the issue.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    This should tell you that there's a problem with your Z axis driver.
    Do you have a manual?
    Does the manufacturer offer support?
    Dear,

910: Overload Warning before alarm 710 is showing up at my servo driver of z axis

Its been a long time since this thread was created. Did you ever find a solution to the problem? I am having the exact same issue. I have Yaskawa SGD7S (4 each) servopacks driving all three axes. Right now, my Z-axis will not move and the servo alarm comes on with a 710 code showing on the display.