Hi! First I think this is a great website. It's been awhile (5 or so years) since I posted. I was previously trying to build a CNC lathe from scratch (in my 1 bedroom apartment while in grad school) and it got too expensive and I ran into an issue (which I recently thought of how to fix...haha)...so I abandoned it. I, however, still have all the motors, ballscrews, gearheads, and miscellaneous parts. After I graduated and moved back home, I decided to buy a shopmaster 3-in-1 machine. Moving the machine to the basement from the driveway was an adventure in itself since I had to do it all by hand after it was lift-gate dropped off. I used particle boards, car jacks, ~3/4" steel rods, and I put 2 U-beams on the bottom of the machine so I could move it along the long direction (otherwise it was too wide to fit through standard single doors). I used cement blocks get it down 4 steps into a backdoor outcove. I built up with the cement blocks on the steps and inside the outcove so I could move the machine straight into the outcove. Then I lowered it little by little side by side til it was on the ground. It took me 2 days just to get it into the outcove (so it spent 1 night outside..I covered it with a tarp and the weather was nice). Moved it through the laundry room, through, narrow hall way into the cellar doorway. Then down the 5 cellar steps using cement blocks (it cleared the ceiling by just a few inches)...got it into the cellar and finally lowered onto the floor. Then I moved it into place, rented a "port-a-hoist" from a local rental place, lifted it up and got the stand bolted on. Below are pics of it in the laundry room and setup in the cellar.