585,919 active members*
3,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > More uses for Hobby CNC (Pictures)
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hey Adobe,

Any advance on this project? I am considering making a Cri-cri utilizing my CNC mahine.

Shannon.

Look like it would be a blast, that is not saying I would get in one but I would also not jump out of an airplane.

Guess CNC could save a lot of time in cutting sheet for wing ribs before bending, some control items etc.

Looks a great deal like the one flying here
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddc_1207194192

As of this date there has been little progress on the plane..We have machined and compleated the controls, more brackets, mounted the seat and I have drawn and ready to machine related items for a conversion to disk brakes.

The engine remains a bug-a-boo due to costs, but we are suprised that some inquires we made on engines last year, have re-contacted us and dropped prices to almost "affordable". The pricing is encourging ( except to our wives), and we might make a commitment in September. We are dealing with some very reliable sources on the engine,but some real bumps in the airline industry and the economy problems have slowed us down..

Thanks for your inquiry..

Adobe (old as dirt )

Hey adobe, FYI I'm still alive too!!!! Suprise !!! Good to seee you out & about.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Thanks Richard, totally out of the wheelchair, and with hand controls I can get about real well..keeping both the CNC Mill and the CNC lathe very busy..Hammering on the '34 three window coupe with a goal to be street legal in Sept.I think that at 2200 lbs, a progressive throttle linkage and some reduced jetting in the drive carburetor should be pretty easy on fuel, if I can just keep my foot out of it ! But I do like to hear the supercharger howl..

Adobe(old as dirt,but younger than Dzaster !)

Page 2 of 2 12