585,906 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation PROBLEM - Uneven engraving from left to right

Hello this is my first post as a "Hello" to the forum

Well we bought a new GWeike LC6090 60W working on RDcam/Laserworks v8 and are happy with the support we got so far. The problem is that now that we are at the stage where it should start working, we cannot use it because there is a problem with the engraving (or maybe cutting as well).

- The table has been leveled to the gantry
    - The laser allignement has been made (although I did not change the 3rd mirror allignement, since I placed it out of focus to make a large circle and then focused it made a perfect little dot completely in the center of it, so I presume it is ok).
    - The screws are tightened (although not for the belts, do not know yet where to tighten them).

Well I have attached the pictures of what is happening. As you can see the machine starts making lines from left to right and on the left it starts a little to late to power, so it always leaves material before it is in full power. At higher speeds it is really evident, at lower less. But the thing is it looks like the laser does not get instant power when powered, but gets it with a slight delay (just though of it now, when writing

The last clue I can give to the technical detectives, is that the beginning anode of the tube is slightly cracked as on the picture, but is that reason enough for the problem, or is it a simpler solution to this problem, because I would not prefer to jump to conclusions. The tube will be replaced by GWeike, not their fault. Thx to Lucy for great support.

Speed 200/15 or 300/20. 0,042 interval, so 600 dpi on the newer two pictures without info.

Really looking forward to all your help

Re: PROBLEM - Uneven engraving from left to right

Hello!
    I can see that you had a problem with the uneven engraving.
    I have just purchased a laser and I am facing the same problem now. I did the same things that you did, and did not touch the 3rd mirror.
    Did you manage to solve the problem? maybe you could give me some suggestions?

Re: PROBLEM - Uneven engraving from left to right

Quote Originally Posted by bday View Post
    Hello!
    I can see that you had a problem with the uneven engraving.
    I have just purchased a laser and I am facing the same problem now. I did the same things that you did, and did not touch the 3rd mirror.
    Did you manage to solve the problem? maybe you could give me some suggestions?
    Hey,

The problem was solved by changing the tube (mine was cracked, yours probably isnt) and then the alignement process also of the third mirror. Check also if the table is straight (use focus tool if all distances to table in all 4 corners is the same and it should work. Oh and I cleaned the lenses, the one that came with the machine installed was really dirtly. Allign, focus table and clean lenses will work

Best of luck

Thanks. The laser was out of focus